For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammation and serious respiratory conditions.
For more information please visit Gilead.com
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the EMEA Commercial Intelligence team for an Associate Director, Business Analytics supporting the EMEA Commercial Intelligence and HIV teams within Commercial Operations at Stockley Park.
The candidate should have extensive experience of forecasting and analytics within the pharmaceutical industry.
Specific Job Requirements
- Lead role in the program to improve the Latest Estimate (LE) forecasting process and advance Gilead’s forecasting capabilities across EMEA and Canada (FPC program):
- Day-to-day program manager, working closely with external consultants, IT and Finance
- Maintains, and develops as required, the short/mid-term HIV patient-level forecast models hosted on the i2e forecasting platform
- Subject matter expert in the i2e forecasting platform with ability to develop automated PowerPoint decks required for LE meetings and be main point of contact for affiliate queries
- In partnership with the HIV TA lead and team and Finance colleagues, reviews and challenges affiliates’ assumptions during the LE forecasting cycle, provides insight and analysis and develops material for presentation to senior management:
- Co-develops Commercial guidance together with TA lead, FP&A business partner and Market Access
- Attends, and provides input to, various LE meetings
- Consolidates affiliates’ forecasts across the region and challenges as required
- Co-develops regional story together with TA lead and FP&A business partner
- Collaborates with global colleagues to provide input and assumptions for the HIV long-range plan.
- Role in the strategic program to develop Gilead’s analytics and reporting capabilities across EMEA and other regions, supporting therapeutic specialists through to senior management (ARC program):
- As part of the next phase of the program, leads a number of workstreams to strengthen and develop our current assets/dashboards, working closely with affiliates and IT colleagues
- Assesses requirements for enhancements, implement changes and conduct UAT
- Helps ARC Program lead review priorities for future analytics roadmap
- Provides ongoing support to regional and affiliate stakeholders, including development and alignment of KPIs across the region.
- Owns data and reporting needs for HIV and develops analyses and insights to support the Commercial team and associated Marketing strategies, e.g. updates on product performance
- Develops insights and prepares material for HIV section of the EMEA quarterly earnings and quarterly business review briefing documents and Commercial monthly goal tracker.
- Co-leads HIV insights and analytics network across EMEA, sharing outputs and fostering collaboration through monthly calls and quarterly meetings.
- Attends and presents at EMEA HIV Brand Team and Business Unit Director meetings.
- Inputs and contributes to International Market Research & Analytics Team (IMRT) and Commercial Operations Network calls and meetings.
- Provides ad hoc support to senior management as required, e.g. HIV Steering Committee, Commercial Advisory Board.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive experience of forecasting and analytics in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in specialty markets and in-depth knowledge of sales and marketing organizations and pharmaceutical data sources, e.g. IQVIA
- Experience in HIV or in one or more of Gilead's other core markets of liver diseases, inflammation, oncology/haematology and hospital-based anti-fungals preferred.
- Capable of building analytical models to evaluate business situations and provide recommendations.
- Ability to assume full responsibility for accuracy and reliability of complex analyses.
- Strong project management skills - planning, prioritization, organizational ability, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution; making things happen and quickly is important in this role.
- Able to prioritize and utilize limited resources to manage multiple and/or conflicting requests from a variety of internal customers, manage peak workload periods and ad hoc requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization.
- Well-developed leadership skills with an ability to set a vision, exercise sound business judgment and clear decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to efficiently communicate technical information to non-technical members of senior management.
- High attention to detail together with an ability to understand the 'big picture'.
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to learn quickly.
- Has an opinion, is a part of the team that decides on commercial strategy, and is not just a provider of information.
Specific Requirements – Business Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of MS Excel and business intelligence systems and tools, including Microstrategy and Tableau, and their application in the pharmaceutical industry.
Specific Requirements – Forecasting
- Knowledge of and experience in forecast modeling techniques and the application to a particular business problem.
- Experience in developing forecasts for similar products or therapeutic areas preferred.
The ideal candidate will align with Gilead’s core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability and Inclusion.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.