For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world.
Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammatory conditions.
We are seeking to appoint a Medical affairs manager to manage the Cell Therapy Medical Scientists (MS) team and contribute to the Cell Therapy medical strategy.
You will be in charge of the management of the Cell Therapy MS team and work with the Cell Therapy and Oncology-Hematology Medical Director and Cell Therapy Medical HQ team on the development of the medical strategy, you will provide expertise, field insight and initiative in the further development of specific national as well as regional projects.
- Lead, manage daily and performance management, of the Cell Therapy MS team including active observation of the team through:
- establishment of clearly defined team and individual goals & objectives (quantitative and qualitative)
- implementation of processes to routinely monitor progress
- regular field visits
- Act as a coach and mentor to the MS team and work with the internal coaching team to optimise ongoing MS development
- Ensure own, and MS, activities, are compliant with the law and Gilead policies and procedures at all times
- Provide strategic input on how to clarify and communicate information related to the drug portfolio
- Oversee operations and help develop strategic objectives for national Medical Affairs
- Lead specific national Medical projects and/or serve as a resource on complex projects
- Lead, or be a key project team member, on cross-functional and/or global projects related to MS activities/development
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with current and emerging therapeutic area thought-leaders
- Be responsible for ensuring the success of innovative projects supporting HCP education provision and scientific information exchange
- When needed to support the MS team, deliver timely, accurate and succinct communication of balanced clinical and scientific presentations to HCPs, in response to requests for information, consistent with compliance and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate MS participation in Gilead advisory boards, symposia and educational programs
- Collaborate effectively and in a compliant manner with colleagues in other functional areas such as Clinical Research, Market Access, Sales and Marketing, etc.
Medical affairs management
- Communicates with external medical community regularly to remain abreast of issues in the field and to provide medical support and direction to them.
- Establishes strong scientific relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and providers
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in other functions such as Sales, Marketing, Regulatory etc
- Ability to travel to domestic and international conferences which will include occasional weekend travel is required
Education & Experience
- Significant management experience required (2 years and more)
- Advanced scientific/medical degree (Ph.D./MD/PharmD)
- Previous experience as an MS is preferred
- Oncology/hematology knowledge is mandatory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills are required
- Must be fully cognizant of all relevant scientific data
- Must be cognizant of regulatory requirements for field-based personnel
- Must be committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base
- Excellent judgment and ability to work in a team environment
- Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations is required.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills along with
Gilead Core Values:
INTEGRITY – Doing What’s Right
INCLUSION – Encouraging Diversity
TEAMWORK – Working Together
EXCELLENCE – Being Your Best
ACCOUNTABILITY – Taking Personal Responsibility
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in France:
Conformément à la Loi « Informatique et Libertés » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les données personnelles renseignées pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des données vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.