Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Associate Director, Biostatistics
Biostatisticians at Gilead work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues to ensure appropriate design, statistical analysis and reporting of Gilead clinical data in efficiently achieving regulatory, scientific and business objectives. The Associate Director will be primarily responsible for the business, operational, and compliance aspects of Oncology drug discovery, development, and marketed products at Gilead. He/she will support oncology late stage development, working collaboratively for the development plans, regulatory interactions, and HTA/commercial evaluation of a Gilead Oncology compound in one or more indications.
- Provide Statistical leadership to late-stage oncology clinical trials: developing trial design options and providing high quality decision support.
- Statistical lead for a specific oncology molecule/indication in Health Authority interactions and maintain an accountability thread to TA head
- Works collaboratively with Statistical Programmers, Biostatisticians, Clinical Research Associates, Clinical Data Managers and other Clinical, Global Drug Safety, Regulatory and Project Management staff to meet project deliverables and timelines for statistical data analysis and reporting
- Directs internal and external teams across multifunctional project or functional areas, leads initiatives to gather, organize, and analyze data from different sources such as virology, Case Report Forms, and patient tracking, works with management and Human Resources to satisfy short-term staffing needs, defends statistical aspects with regulatory agencies, develops staff capabilities, and recognizes/rewards desired performance
- Is expected to oversee and contribute to the completion of all technical and operational statistical activities for a group of clinical trials for a compound/indication or equivalent through management of internal and external resources
- Leads two or more components of departmental strategic initiatives
Education & Experience
- 10 years + (Bachelors); 8+ years (Masters); 2+ years (PhD) of statistical analysis experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry (or at a CRO)
- Industry experience in the statistical analysis of biomedical data using statistical
Extensive hands-on experience in oncology drug development including design and analysis of phase 3 oncology trials and active participation in NDA/BLA filing through label negotiation
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are required
- Examines functional issues from a broader organization perspective
- Proven ability to determine the functions most critical to company success and to support priorities within functional area
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties of clients and acts to meet goals
- Proven ability to pull together and lead highly effective teams and create a clear sense of direction
- Proven ability to design and use all available vehicles for effective scientific communication within and outside the company
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.