Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
With the commitment and drive you bring to the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining PDM at Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Specific Responsibilities for the Position:
The Communications and Project Management role within PDM will support the Head of PDM Project Management and the EVP of Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing. The successful candidate will have the skills and experience to integrate themselves into the organization quickly and build trust with the teams. The role will help the leaders make the most of their limited time, ensure information arrives at the right point in their decision-making process, and that follow-up happens. Principal duties will be focused on making time, information, and decision processes more effective. This individual will be extremely versatile and dedicated to efficient productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, and communicating objectives between departments within PDM and Gilead.
- 10+ years of relevant experience and a BA or BS or; 8+ years of relevant experience and a MS or MBA. Relevant experience consists of a Program or Portfolio Management role within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with thorough understanding of the drug development process
The position will consist of the following main duties:
- Manage key meetings for the leadership team, ensuring content is well prepared, time is effectively spent, and objectives are achieved; bring together multiple stakeholders and help drive decisions
- Support the execution of strategic business initiatives from concept through completion under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads
- Research, benchmark, and analyze information relevant to the business and current trends to bring recommendations to leadership for consideration
- Facilitate the annual strategic planning for PDM; organize the leadership offsites; Manage and engage with leadership to innovate and refine strategies
- Internal and external communications - serve as point person on handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them; support the preparation and dissemination of communications – draft critical emails, reports, visuals for presentations, and speaker notes for the Leadership
- Plan & facilitate content for All Hands meetings
- Serve as liaison between staff and senior leaders for project updates, proposals, and planning. Represent PDM on external working teams
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- CMC experience in small molecules, biologics, or antibody drug conjugates
- Strong reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
- Experience with data analysis, data visualization, Tableau, Spotfire
- Experience with budget management
- Excellent organizational planning skills, time management, and record retention. Capable of setting priorities and managing high workload. Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to deliver assignments on time, thorough follow-through and implementation skills
- Strong and succinct communication skills both written and verbal including presentation slide preparation
- Ability to interact with multiple layers of the organization with demonstrated success initiating change and influencing at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with new, complex technologies and produce professional work products
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.