Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Asia, Europe and Australia.
We have the following exciting opportunity in our Foster City, CA location.
Associate Director, Sales Analytics & Operations
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
In this role, the Associate Director will be responsible for managing the tasks, and activities supporting one primary therapeutic area. High-level individual contributor who will serve as the Sales Analytics lead for the TA and manage cross-functional projects and leads components of departmental projects of varying complexity.
May manage, monitor, and/or review progress and accuracy of work of one or more individual contributors and/or contractors
Key functions of this role include the following:
Strategic Planning & Performance Tracking
Lead development of data-driven insights to inform field force strategy and execution.
- Inform Sales force size and structure recommendations for different phases of product life cycle
- Leads performance/KPI development and field reporting, including best practice sharing across TAs, enabling a thorough understanding of regional performance and opportunities based on a variety of inputs
- Collaborate with field leadership to support quarterly business review meetings to understand regional performance and put together a plan of action for the upcoming quarter
- Conduct analytics projects to inform a range of business issues including field force targeting and strategy, sampling strategy and analytics, physician level sample allocation etc.
- Performance reporting and diagnostics, including design and implementation of field facing dashboards and reports
- Evaluate potential new secondary data sources and analytics methodologies to continually elevate the impact of business analytics
- Operationalize new data sources through collaboration with data strategy and governance, and IT teams
- Field force training and training sustainment on analytics tools for performance evaluation and opportunity assessment for execution
- Embody a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Leads the integration of insight and analysis from a variety of sources to inform material decisions through the delivery of robust opportunities and market context. Consolidates a variety of data and information into actionable brand opportunities.
- Provides objective quantitative analyses and leads the development of business cases to determine key opportunities and address critical business issues for the brand and/or TA
- Collaborates with Advanced Analytics team to use predictive AI/ML techniques to surface opportunities such as next best action for execution efficiency; and lead the operationalization and field adoption of outputs through collaboration, education/trainings and change management
- Interacts with a broad range of internal customers ranging from VP, Field leadership, Brand leadership, Data Strategy and Governance, Commercial Learning and Development, IT.
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with key stakeholders within the Commercial organization, and consistently demonstrates a thorough understanding of internal customers’ business needs.
- Viewed as a cross-functional subject matter expert and sought for advice on decisions that can impact business operations.
- Lead analytics for quarterly business review and Senior Leadership Team meetings with senior stakeholders including VP, Executive/Senior Regional Directors, and stakeholders to share insights and analysis on relevant business, brand, and market issues
- Management and relationship development with key stakeholder groups in Sales, Marketing and Commercial operations.
- Management of external consulting resources from a project delivery perspective.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 10 years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, finance or related fields.
- Strong analytical skills and storytelling with data. Minimum of 3 years of experience managing projects, and initiatives
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare related experience highly desirable
- Oncology experience highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to pull together insights from a variety of sources and develop strategic guidance for field teams that result in a business decision or action
- Strong business acumen and excellent communication and interpersonal skills; consultative background preferred
- Demonstrated communication and teamwork skills; ability to gain consensus and act within a matrix team environment; Ability to work in a collaborative and influencing fashion that drives to business action
- Proficiency in secondary data analysis with intimate knowledge of a variety of industry secondary data sources (e.g., IQVIA, SHA, DRG, LabCorp, Affiliations data, Komodo Health, Health verity etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of relevant software systems (e.g. MS Excel, Access, MS Word & PowerPoint, Tableau etc.) is required.
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred. Preferred concentrations in one or more of healthcare, general management, analytics, and data sciences.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.