Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually
and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we
will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health
and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this jobJob Description
The Cell Therapy Account Manager is responsible for assessing, cultivating and managing professional relationships across broad stakeholder groups within targeted Transplant Hospitals, Peripheral Oncology Hospitals and Cell Therapy qualified treatment centres. The Cell Therapy Account Manager will interact with the respective networks to ensure the successful introduction and utilization of Kite cell therapy products.
Activities will focus on maintaining world-class, patient centric operations in the targeted accounts (Onco-Hematologists in Transplant Hospitals, Peripheral Onco Hospitals and existing or future Cell Therapy qualified treatment centres), as well as project managing the qualification of existing and additional centres as part of the role.
Being a core member of the commercial team, you will add value through engagement with stakeholders at all levels to drive referrals, ensure differentiation and continue establishing Kite as the leader in cell therapy
Specific job responsibilities:
- Responsible for educating targeted HCPs in hospitals on Kite and Gilead Cell Therapy and Oncology products
- Responsible for achieving coverage and frequency targets, and consistently achieving sales targets in assigned territory
- Initiates systems to regularly measure sales progress and action plans. Documents and provides feedback on performance.
- Is productive at developing in-depth market interpretation of sales analysis data.
- Organizes sales initiatives within the market and follows up on these to ensure their successful completion.
- May take the lead on projects within team e.g. liaison role with marketing, meetings coordinator etc.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. expenses etc.
- Manages territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Works closely and cooperatively with head Office, Medical, Marketing and other internal xFunctional Gilead team members.
- Actively gains and shares customer insights, providing timely follow-up on commitments and requests
- Operates in compliance with all laws, regulations and policies.
Specific responsibilities for working with qualified treatment centres for Cell Therapy
- Ability to navigate a complex account environment and understand the needs/issues of various stakeholders at all levels within the account and referral network
- Responsible for meeting with appropriate leaders across the qualified centres to continue educate and logistically support the use of Kite product(s)
- Co-ordinates together with the SQM and the xFunctional team the qualification of the new centres for the use of Kite products(s)
- Close collaboration with the Case Manager, who is responsible for ensuring an accurate cell journey until delivery
- Provides to the cross-functional team appropriate and timely feedback and insights from interactions with healthcare professionals (HCPs) (including account business trends, changes in the therapeutic landscape, industry issues and business opportunities.)
- Has a proven track record of successful pharmaceutical medical or healthcare sales experience and relevant disease/product knowledge, along with strong influencing and negotiating skills, homed in highly competitive markets.
- Is familiar with industry trends and remains current with competitor’s resources and practices. Can speak to the pros and cons (overall goals of plan, cost vs. efficacy, dosing, duration, etc.) of a product protocol, and asks in-depth questions of experts to clarify understanding.
- Proactively identifies issues, opportunities, and resolutions and can present and effectively communicate issues and recommendations to marketing and sales management.
- Serves as a technical expert of assigned product, therapeutic/disease classes, and patient needs to educate/influence key physicians/community members. Can credibly discuss the science of therapeutic products with relevant stakeholders. Strong commercial and scientific acumen, being able to translate scientific information and eloquently educate on the value proposition of Kite construct
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of external business drivers and internal company operations. Understands Gilead staffing and decision-making networks, and how to get work done within the institution. Incorporates this knowledge into business plans.
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability and desire to provide unprecedented customer support across stakeholder groups
- Possesses a long term, strategic understanding of the haematology/oncology market
- Experience executing with products/therapies that require complex customer delivery including logistics management
- Ability to successfully work and collaborate with field based and internal cross functional partners (Business Unit Director, CTAM lead, Medical Project Manager, Medical Scientists, National & Regional Market Access managers, Quality & Site Qualification Team, Case Managers)
- Strong business acumen and ability to evaluate and apply data to inform decision making
- Experienced managing and executing in large accounts including strategic planning, problem solving, conflict resolution
- Demonstrated initiative and willingness to work hands-on with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Specific education and experience requirements:
- Working knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Must have a fluent French and a good command of conversational and written English skills, a moderate level of conversational Dutch skills could be an added value.
- Requires some overnight travel
- Typical candidates will possess a BA or BS degree, and relevant sales experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry;
- Experience must include specialty sales or the appropriate therapeutic area, oncology or hematology.
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.