Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
The Director of Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) reports to the Sr Director, Sales and Operations Planning. The SD of S&OP will work in close collaboration with regional Commercial leadership and key stakeholders across PDM to tailor the process to meet management objectives.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the architecture of the S&OP process and for the successful global rollout and implementation
- Key point of contact for senior regional Commercial and PDM leadership to communicate and support the implementation of supply chain strategy
- Coordinates the activities of department management, and provides direction and assistance on resolution of complex issues and potential problems related to production planning and demand management
- Forms a companywide strategic roadmap to improve S&OP maturity, enables process design and adoption through technology and analytics.
- Aligns strategic roadmap with key stakeholders across Gilead
- Accoutable to define key metrics of S&OP and track benefits and improvements to the business
- Aligns resources, prioritizes strategies, establishes targets, and implements cost-out initiatives for S&OP and GSC efforts.
- Channels continuous improvement ideas to the GSC LT and selects suitable ones to turn into projects.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Expert leader with a proven track record of building and managing high performing teams
- Experienced people manager with a strong reputation for mentoring and developing people
- Expertise and track record in pharmaceutical/biotech manufacturing and supply chain execution and oversight, previous ERP implementation experience
- Expert in standing up a formal S&OP process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, as well as strong skills as a negotiator to reach consensus, alignment and commitment.
- Project management skills to manage overall transformation and continuous improvement projects across multiple geographies and business functions.
- Change management and transformational change experience
- Able to develop solutions to complex problems which require an in depth degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovativeness
- Able to develop complex concepts, techniques, and standards
- Must have expertise in pharmaceutical or biotech industries, US, EU and international cGMPs
- Extensive years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA
- MA/MBA preferred
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.