Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
About the role:
The Global Head of Organizational Development will be responsible for developing strategies, approaches and capabilities around agile, team effectiveness, organizational design, culture interventions and change management. In this role, the Global Head of OD will be an expert in the processes, tools and methodologies associated with these domain areas as well as have significant insight to external solutions and future thinking. This role will be responsible for building key capabilities within Human Resources and the business within these areas, while also building a team of internal consultants to partner in diagnosing, designing and delivering organization development outcomes.
This role reports to the VP, Talent, Development and Inclusion and is located in Foster City, California.
- Defines OD capabilities and frameworks required to support business; including org health, team development, change management and agile coaching and methodology.
- Develops a long term strategy to prioritize, develop and embed key capabilities, frameworks and methodology to support and drive organization health and achieve our culture aspirations.
- Works across the Talent, Development and Inclusion and Analytics team to define and propose metrics, analysis and ongoing reviewing of organizational health.
- Partners with HRBPs and Strategy team on cross functional projects or programs requiring OD expertise.
- Utilizes data and analytics to create insights to organization effectiveness and opportunities.
- Collaborates across the Talent, Development and Inclusion team and HR Business Partner community to identify trends, insights and opportunities to address in both our Talent strategies and development of solutions.
- Leads a small team of OD practitioners; focused on building organizational capabilities and applying their expertise to key business projects and challenges.
- Leadership: At least 10 years of experience in various people functions across business units; experience across talent management/acquisition, rewards, employee relations, organizational design, inclusion & diversity, and culture is beneficial.
- Industry Experience: Experience within the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry preferred.
- Analytical Expertise: Utilizing data-driven approaches to develop insight and diagnose opportunities, as well as inform decision making.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrated understanding of strategic and operational drivers of business performance.
- Global mindset: The ideal candidate will bring global experience, having partnered with teams across geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence across a matrixed, global organization, responding quickly to change and adapting/operating in ambiguous environment.
- Ability to leverage data and insights to diagnose, define focus and align opportunities. Takes a systems view to challenges and opportunities.
- Takes a proactive, long term perspective in design and development of strategies to meet business needs.
- Seeks diverse perspectives, experiences and insight; creates an environment of trust and openness.
- Develops diverse and inclusive teams. Leverages the power of diversity within teams and creates an environment where new ideas and challenges are welcome.
- Has a customer focused approach and embeds into mindset, practice and methodology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; is able to simplify and integrate complex concepts and ideas.
- Demonstrates development focus by seeking feedback and acting on it and providing feedback to others, particularly, but not limited to one’s team.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.