Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
This role will be responsible for coordinating activities that support data usage requests received across the organization. This role will also contribute to data governance policies and procedures and provide reportable metrics to monitor the data governance processes.
- Uses technology platform to triage requests for data usage across the organization.
- Supports internal and external stakeholders during project planning, management and delivery.
- Coordinates project communications and ensures that all project customers are fully informed and knowledgeable of project activities, timelines and status.
- Considers a number of factors in planning, anticipating work and prioritizing work to meet tight timelines.
- Understands impact of decisions and actions on business and consults with appropriate colleagues and management as applicable.
- Prepares deliverables and provides leadership support to provide recommendations on data governance.
- Facilitates Senior Leader meetings to support decision making around data usage.
- Documents meeting minutes and decisions.
- Assists in technical, financial, and organizational issues by researching issues, providing recommendations and maintaining document archives.
- Ensures project work complies with established practices, policies and processes.
- Prepares status reports, specific project updates, and metrics as requested.
- Generates periodic project team updates and prepares formal presentations as required.
- Tracks and reports on status of non-routine tasks and action items.
- May help maintain the master project timelines and schedule for assigned projects.
- Represents Clinical Data Science in cross-functional data governance projects and activities.
Knowledge and Skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent analytical, process-oriented and data driven mind-set.
- Ability to independently execute multiple complex tasks in a cross-functional team with some direct supervision.
- Understanding of current trends in clinical data science, data usage, and data governance.
- High level understanding of Commercial and Development data uses.
Education and Experience
- 7 years of relevant experience and a BA or BS.
- 5 years of relevant experience and a MS or MBA.
- Relevant experience consists of work in a scientific field or equivalent experience in association with R&D project teams and/or in cross-functional project management activities.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.