Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Everyday, we to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
PrEP Director, Sales - New England Region
The region consists of MA, CT, RI and Upstate NY (Albany, Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse).
The PrEP Director, Sales – New England Region is responsible for leading a team that focuses on
HIV prevention. The PrEP Regional Director will effectively address existing gaps in HCP
education and knowledge to accelerate HIV prevention care management where high risk has been
identified. The RD should have the ability to synthesize various sources of market data to
provide guidance to their team in conjunction with national direction. To accomplish this, the
Regional Director will collaborate with the HIV Sales, Community and Marketing teams.
The RD is responsible for overseeing the working relationships with healthcare practices, Federally Qualified Healthcare Centers (FQHC) and AIDS Service Organizations (ASO). Candidates must possess strong presentation and communications skills and a proven record of interacting with healthcare professionals. The PrEP Regional Director will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of the assigned PrEP Specialists and associated program budget.
• Responsible for developing and communicating performance expectations to team of PrEP Specialists
• Regularly assesses, documents and provides team feedback
• Counsels and coaches PrEP Specialists to maximize performance and support their continued development
• Develops key regional strategies to engage customers in appropriate clinical settings
• Partners with marketing to develop and support specialty events and conventions
• Provides appropriate communication and teamwork to ensure the Gilead team collectively implements account plans to achieve collective objectives
• Coordinates with leadership across Gilead functions: HIV Sales, HIV Community Liaison, National Accounts, Marketing, Medical Scientists and other internal teams on appropriate cross-functional projects
• Manages program budget
• Travel expectation is approximately 6 days per month
Knowledge and Experience
• 10 years of relevant commercial experience in marketing, sales or related commercial function
• Experience in HIV marketplace is a nice to have
• Must have strong leadership skills with an ability to set a vision, to lead change and to coach/mentor others
• Strong strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute strategy
• Must have experience in the successful development of external relationships leading to brand advocacy
• Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple priorities
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
• Must have strong executive presence with ability to command respect through exercise of sound business judgment and clear decision-making
• Excellent communications skills both orally and in writing
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it’s just what we do that gives us an edge, it’s how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity – Doing What’s Right
- Inclusion – Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork – Working Together
- Accountability – Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence – Being Your Best
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.