Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Senior Director, Global Analytics and Reporting
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, respiratory diseases and cardiovascular conditions.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Global Analytics & Insights, this individual will provide strong strategic business leadership for Data Analytics, Reporting, Forecasting, and the underlying data and systems. This role will be based in Stockley Park, United Kingdom, and support both Australia, Canada and Europe (ACE) commercial leadership, and well as Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS).
This role will be responsible for leading all aspects of Global Commercial Data Analytics and Reporting, as well as building out the Global Forecasting operations CoE across all Gilead Therapeutic Areas (current and upcoming). This role will also interface with Global and ACE commercial leadership, Regional Commercial Operations leads, Finance leads, and IT as required to ensure success.
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader with a strong track record of business and technology strategy and capability development expertise, along with experience in working across a diverse set of stakeholders to achieve mission objectives and results. The candidate must have experience across various pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical data assets (Global preferred) and integration. The candidate must also have the proven ability to effectively manage complex and ambiguous projects, influence stakeholders without authority, effectively network across the organization and communicate with senior leaders all within a fast moving, challenging and dynamic Commercial environment.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
Specific responsibilities include but will not be limited to the following:
- Define and develop Global Commercial Data Systems and Reporting capabilities to support C-suite, EVP/SVP level analytics and reporting.
- Global Reporting
- Support Global commercial leadership with key data reports and insights across therapy areas for quarterly business reviews (global and ACE region), quarterly earnings (global and ACE region)
- Operationalize and innovate on Global commercial KPIs and reporting (across therapy areas)
- Work with GA&I therapy area leads to develop and operationalize global therapy area dashboards and reports to track KPIs and business measures.
- From time to time develop ad-hoc reports to support emerging business insights needs (e.g., new therapy areas)
- Global Forecasting Operations
- Lead feasibility assessment for Global forecasting platform (across therapy areas, and regions)
- Develop forecasting operations processes to support product development, and finance processes.
- Lead GA&I efforts to deliver on long range forecasts for planning.
- Develop and maintain historical forecast databases system for analysis.
- Develop and maintain forecasting operational reports.
- Support cross functional stakeholder needs for forecasting data and insights.
- ACE leadership support
- Support Australia, Canada, and Europe (ACE) commercial leadership request for data/insights by providing data advisory, data and insights consolidation services across EU5, Canada, and specific EU market countries.
- Collaborate with ACE country commercial operations directors, and business analysts to understand market dynamics, provide ad-hoc support on data/reporting, systems, and consolidation.
- Work with ACE Commercial Organization’s chief of staff to develop processes and operations to efficiently support ACE commercial leadership on an ongoing basis.
- Champion advocacy and adoption of global assets through optimal change management, training programs and governance processes
- Proactively engage with commercial groups to resolve issues, conflicts, and interdependencies
- Lead and manage team of 3 to 5 direct reports (globally located)
- Lead by example, respecting Gilead core values of integrity, accountability, teamwork, excellence, and inclusion
Skills and experience:
- Relevant experience working in the biopharmaceutical and/or health care industry in
Commercial data analytics, systems capability development, and reporting roles with increasing
responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Experience with data procurement, project management, contract reporting, ad-hoc analysis, and cross functional support
- Experience within a Pharmaceutical Commercial department with analytics, project management and customer service
- Understand core data systems and processes related to Commercial Operations and Analytics
- Experience in supporting stakeholders across geographies (knowledge and experience of European markets preferred)
- Experience in product, therapy area, and global level forecasting
- Experience in developing long-term reporting/data/systems strategies to support commercial business needs.
- Strong leadership and self-direction, comfort and experience tackling very ambiguous and complex problems. Must be able to lead others as well as do own work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, negotiate, resolve conflict, and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing, experience presenting before executive staff.
- Proven ability to lead collaborative and creative problem solving and overcome resistance or barriers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams or work groups as well as motivate and develop direct reports.
- Demonstrated excellence in program management, project management, change management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be expert in PowerPoint and be able to demonstrate the ability to produce own presentation materials of extremely high quality.
- Understanding of key technologies (cloud, analytics/reporting visualization, SQL, etc.) is required. Candidate is expected to validate technical work outputs produced.
- Background in strategic management consulting or strategic advisory highly desired.
- BA/BS degree required with an MBA or advanced scientific degree highly desired.
- Preferably, but not mandatory Knowledge of pharmaceutical Commercial Sales and Prescription data from external vendors including IMS Health, Symphony Health, Fingertip Formulary, etc.
- Experience in global markets (e.g., EU, Japan, other Rest of World).
- Prior experience in IT or Technology/Analytics is desirable.
- Experience in other Commercial roles (marketing, sales, market access, etc.) is desirable.
- Experience interfacing or working with Finance, IT, and other related functions.
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.