Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join our Oncology group. Our collaborative and interdisciplinary research team utilizes state-of-the-art technologies and innovative methodologies to advance medicines into the clinic. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the discovery, research, and development of novel immunotherapeutic agents to address unmet medical needs of cancer patients. S/he will contribute to the design and drive the execution of in vivo studies to support Gilead’s drug discovery projects. The candidate will have opportunities for career growth through acquisition of new skills, experiences, and professional relationships in a fast-paced and resource-rich environment.
- Independently plan, execute, analyze, and interpret in vivo efficacy and PK/PD studies that support the initiation and/or advancement of drug candidate projects into the pipeline
- Proactively evaluate new technologies and contribute to the development of disease models to accelerate early-stage discovery activities and/or enhance our understanding of disease mechanisms
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and work cross-functionally with colleagues in the oncology, protein engineering, chemistry, translational medicine, biomarker and clinical groups
- Presents research findings and recommendations to senior staff and contribute to preparation of research reports, manuscripts, INDs, and patent filings
- Analysis of experimental data using MS Office, PRISM or comparable software
- Presentation of in vivo study results at project team meetings
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- BS or MS in Biology or Pharmacology related discipline
- 4+ years of experience in conducting in vivo pharmacology studies using mouse models of cancer
- Experience with sterile tissue culture, and with basic molecular and cellular biology techniques required
- Proficiency with various in vivo skills including dosing (IV, PO), blood/tissue collection, etc.
- Familiarized with development and characterization of mouse models of cancer
- Experience with in vivo imaging is desirable
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Vivarium lab is located temporarily in SSF and may relocate to peninsula area.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.