Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
As part of the GSIUC Pharmaceutical Develpment and Manufacturing (PDM) Finance team located in Carrigtwohill, reporting to the Assoc. Director, Finance - FP & A, this position will work primarily in the Financial Planning and Analysis area.
We are looking for an individual who will:
- Foster and develop strong relationships with stakeholders and business partners.
- Collaborate effectively within the workgroup and area of expertise; participate effectively on cross-functional teams; offers views and actively solicits ideas from others in seeking sound business solutions; demonstrates a very strong business partner focus.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and standardization.
- Provide direction, policy guidance and issue resolution to business partners as needed; support the business in understanding all OPEX and forecast related matters as required.
Key Responsibilities / activities of the position
- Partner with site functional leadership in the preparation of their annual budget & bi-annual forecasts. Provide insights on key variance drivers.
- Preparation of site consolidation budget / forecasts & liaise with US consolidations team on group management reporting.
- Analyze departments actual monthly / quarterly expenditure & compile site metrics. Partner with site functional leadership to review operations dashboards highlighting key variance drivers.
- Review & compile site management quarterly reporting for US consolidations team.
- Business partner with HR on monthly site headcount reporting & assist with the compilation of headcount metrics.
- Provide direction, policy guidance and issue resolution to business partners as needed.
- Business partner with the site operational excellence group to provide financial analysis for various initiatives & ensure monthly metrics are compiled for site MDI reporting.
- Work closely with the Financial Services team for site purchase metrics & assist in the resolution of issues.
- Support the annual standard costing update process for global inventory & other COE duties as required.
- Actively participate in Finance team's Kaizen / Continuous Improvement processes.
- Support global / site projects where necessary.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required.
Knowledge, experience, competencies
- Accounting/ Finance / Business degree or MBA is required
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA qualification is required
- Relevant experience with PQE essential
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS, accounting principles and practices
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint & data visualisation skills required
- Advanced knowledge and experience of ERP systems and Reporting Tools essential e.g. Oracle, SAP, Hyperion
- Self-starter and able to act on own initiative with high levels of integrity, excellence and teamwork
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task environment and being able to adapt to a changing, fast paced environment
- Proven analytical ability and creative problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills. Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (oral, written, presentational), an inquisitive mind and ability to work effectively with multiple customers required
- Project Management skills and experience is desirable
- Experience in working in the biotech or pharmaceuticals industry and in a multi-national organization is desirable
- Experience involving a large range of analytical responsibilities covering all aspects of supporting an EMEA manufacturing and distribution organization is desirable
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.