Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe and Australia. We have the following exciting opportunity in our Foster City, CA location:
We have the following exciting opportunity in our Foster City, CA location.
Senior Manager, Commercial Learning & Development (Commercial Operations)
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Develops and implements relevant training programs for the Hepatitis B (HBV) Therapeutic Specialist Team and additional affiliated employees in the Liver Disease Business Unit as needed.
- Develops and executes training on account management skills, product knowledge, new promotional campaigns, communication skills, selling skills, Phase I training, Phase II training, sales meeting training workshops, ongoing learning sustainment programs & other ad hoc Field Sales needs.
- Collaborates with and supports relevant internal departments, including Marketing, Commercial (management, Field Sales, National Accounts, Regional Trainers), Commercial Operations, Medical Affairs, Medical Information, Legal, and Business Conduct to develop appropriate training.
- Collaborates with internal customers including Compliance/Legal and Marketing to ensure training materials and workshops are current, effective and compliant with regulatory guidelines.
- Assists in the design of curricula and planning of instructional methods and materials using adult learning principles.
- Effectively prepares for instruction by conducting needs assessments, identifying targeted participant characteristics, and soliciting cross-functional feedback before finalizing design and strategy.
- Offers solutions for bridging gaps between current organizational capabilities and needs.
- Helps ensure readiness of the organization for training deployment including identifying key stakeholders and determining their needs in advance, in order to deliver high quality and effective programming.
- Analyzes the characteristics of existing technologies and their use in instructional design. Partners with subject matter experts and key stakeholders to identify training needs, improve training solutions and lead change initiative implementation.
- Monitors and maintains alignment with Commercial group’s strategic training plan while balancing short-term and long-term business goals.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, particularly as used in project management and the development of instructional content.
- Highly self-motivated and self-managed; ability to work independently as well as part of a team with minimal coaching or supervision.
- Ability to organize and work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables.
- Good organization skills, time management, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks are all prerequisites of an effective project manager.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills. Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in visual, oral, and written presentation forms.
- Use sales performance metrics and analysis to improve and customize training and development design.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working with people at all levels of the organization globally as well as with suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Experience managing a budget effectively.
- Ability to effectively manage a project, including multiple vendors and partners, from its initiation to final deliverable.
- Ability to effectively manage sub-functions with the department.
- Must have the ability to focus on performance by establishing clear measurable learning objectives for the training.
- Strong interpersonal communication, facilitation, problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills.
- A minimum of 8 years of Biotech/Pharma experience required
- 3 years of successful Biotech/Pharma Field Sales experience
- BS or BA Degree
- Prior commercial training experience
- Sales, marketing, or training experience in a competitive Biotech/Pharma marketplace (either branded competition or generic competition).
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.