Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted
virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and
months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure
the health and safety of our teams.
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.Job Description
The RS/SRI, Biomarker Sciences is responsible for the design of biomarker and diagnostic strategies for HIV/HBV virology programs. The individual will direct the development, outsourcing and validation of clinically applicable biomarker assays (including pharmacodynamic, predictive, prognostic, safety and other biomarkers). Duties also include the implementation and oversight of biomarker and diagnostic testing and data analysis.
- Lead development of project specific biomarker and diagnostic strategies for HIV and HBV Virology Cure Program(s).
- Lead a cross-functional Biomarker Team to oversee the delivery of biomarker and diagnostic strategies.
- Identify, establish and oversee external collaborations with key opinion leaders/CROs to advance understanding of host viral responses.
- Provide expertise to research and development teams to ensure access to state of the art thinking on immune assay technologies, evaluating their scientific basis and clinical applicability.
- Collaborate with expertise in Research Biology for synergy in interrogating both viral and immune-related mechanisms.
- Strong experimental background with demonstrated ability to execute well-designed decision-making experiments
- Maintain knowledge of scientific advances and competitive activity from literature, scientific meetings and external contacts.
- Must be able to work independently and effectively on multiple programs in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong motivation, attention to detail and fully integration into a high achieving team environment.
- High level of business awareness.
- Demonstrated expertise in immunology.
- Broad understanding of drug discovery and development in both early and late stage
development and familiarity with the regulatory approval process.
- Strong background in technologies associated with immune drug development programs such as immunoassays, FACS, CyTOF, IHC/IF, single cell analysis and nucleic acid sequencing and analysis.
- Knowledge of biomarker discovery and development: assay development/validation, clinical discovery of biomarkers, mechanism of action studies.
- Authoring of biomarker strategy documents and biomarker specific portions of clinical protocols.
- Basic understanding of technical aspects of companion diagnostics development.
- Analysis of preclinical and clinical biomarker data.
- Proven publication record.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of intellectual property, contracting terms, and provisions.
PhD in immunology, virology or similar, and a minimum of 2+ years of directly
relevant post graduate academic and/or industry experience. Experience with HIV and HBV disease a plus. Knowledge of bioinformatics and experience in statistics and programming languages such as Python and/or R is a plus. Candidate must be detail-oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills. Must be a highly flexible, results-oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast paced dynamic environment.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.