For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammatory and respiratory diseases, and cardiovascular conditions.
Gilead was founded in 1987 in Foster City, California. Since then, we have grown to become one of the world’s largest biopharmaceutical companies, with over 10,000 employees across six continents, and business locations in 38 countries.
We have the following exciting opportunity in our Foster City, CA location:
Sr. Director, Commercial Digital Innovation
The Sr. Director reports directly to the Global Vice President, Digital Commercial Innovation and is based in Foster City, CA. He/She has responsibility for the development, scale and delivery of digital innovation initiatives to solve business needs while illuminating the build of new capabilities and competencies.
- Help define and articulate Gilead’s Commercial Digital Strategic Framework, inclusive of all applicable digital vehicles (targeting patients, caregivers, HCPs, payers, policy makers), content strategy, KPI dashboards and organizational capability needs.
- Present digital concepts to senior stakeholders and provide compelling thought leadership on digitalization that can be leveraged by marketing, communications, and executive teams
- Partner closely with marketing teams, IT, medical affairs to form strategic partnerships, build, pilot and scale digital initiatives and capabilities into our brands/disease areas
- Apply deep understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, payer, provider, and patient dynamics alongside knowledge of the digital technology and partnership landscape to develop and shape the business case for digital opportunities
- Employ a standardized methodology that includes customer perspectives, industry trends, competitive analysis, and technology disruptions to create leading industry digital thought leadership to assist patients and customers, and implement processes that support the delivery of digital work across the commercial business
- Drive the digital capability across Gilead Global Commercial teams, set baseline, measure progress, measure resultant business impact, adjust as needed
- Establish detailed digital roadmaps and strategies for multiple channels at local and global scale; provide input and guide stakeholders portfolio of digital projects/programs
- Partner with legal and compliance to account for and uphold diverse privacy and compliance requirements across geographies
- Continuously gather data insights to build efficiencies and address gaps in capabilities
- Evaluate the use of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence to drive the commercial value
- Bachelor's degree with 16+ years’ experience with extensive knowledge of technology led business strategy transformation; or 14+ years with MBA/MS with extensive knowledge of technology led business strategy transformation.
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical industry and demonstrate capabilities in digital solutions and the use of digital technologies to transform business models and provide new customer value-producing opportunities
- Excellent influencing and networking skills paired with stakeholder management experience in a multi-layered global environment
- Experience in Agile methodology and execution and design thinking
- Availability to travel internationally as required
Results orientation. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. He/She will have a strong drive to meet and exceed goals, even under adverse circumstances, and is willing to take ownership of problems and make decisions in order to move forward. The candidate will be adept at clearly defining objectives and priorities and establishing appropriate milestones through a strong understanding of the market and innovative approaches. He/She will assign accountability and incorporate disciplined processes to ensure success and nimbly handle ‘derailments’ with contingency plans and coordination.
Team leadership. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to build, develop, and motivate a team as evidenced by effective hiring, coaching, and mentoring of direct reports. Additionally, this individual will have a track record of successfully leveraging diversity of thought to achieve the highest level of results. The ideal candidate will develop an inclusive culture comfortable with challenging current market paradigms to achieve and exceed goals. He/She will also have constructed an appropriate succession plan and process.
Strategic Orientation. The successful candidate will be able to articulate evolving priorities for the business, identify market opportunities and adapt short-term plans. This includes the ability to strategically assess customer needs and build/execute specific, segmented strategies to win business across a diverse set of customers. The successful candidate will have passion for, and success in, developing commercial strategies that have measurable business impact.
Collaboration and Influence. The qualified candidate must be able to influence without ownership, which they will do by demonstrating competence and confidence, being personally accessible and likable, being a good listener, use fact-based persuasion, passion, and persistence as appropriate to the audience and issue at stake. Gaining the support and involvement of key internal constituencies will be critical to success, as will influencing those important constituencies external to the company. The successful candidate must therefore have excellent skills at influencing outcomes, and shaping and catalyzing dialogue across and outside the organization. Credibility and integrity are critical attributes to effectively command the respect and trust of key individuals.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. Apply online today through the Workday “Career” worklet.
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.