For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Specific Job Requirements
The field-based Senior Medical Scientist (SMS) will be part of a team of Hepatitis Medical Scientists reporting to a Regional Field Medical Lead. The SMS has the following responsibilities:
- Conducts meaningful scientific exchange and communicates complex scientific information and data in an organized and fair/balanced manner while demonstrating judgment and integrity in accordance with the highest ethical and compliance standards, including Gilead’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct policies, and applicable legal and regulatory requirements such as the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Chinese laws;
- Disseminates scientific, clinical and Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) data about Gilead products, particularly those related to the treatment of Hepatitis B and C, to opinion-leaders, healthcare professionals, academic institutions and professional organizations;
- Works closely with the Regional Field Medical Lead and identify, map and develop Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the region;
- Establishes strong scientific relationships with KOLs;
- Train opinion leaders to be Gilead approved speakers;
- Responds to clinical inquiries in an accurate, unbiased and timely fashion;
- Support investigators and collaborates with internal Gilead personnel on phase 4 and HEOR studies;
- Assists with site selection for Gilead-Sponsored clinical trials according to the request from Clinical Research teams;
- Develops and executes plans, activities, and scientific exchanges based upon the Medical Affairs Plan of Action;
- Participate in advisory boards, symposia, and other educational programs as well as scientific conferences;
- Provides feedback and insights from the field to internal stakeholders;
- Works collaboratively with other cross-functional teams such as Sales and Marketing, Regulatory, Legal/Business Conduct, HEOR etc.;
- Provides scientific and technical support to internal colleagues;
- Must be committed to continuing education to maintain abreast of all relevant scientific data;
- Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentation in a variety of settings;
- Travels to appointments, meeting and conferences on a frequent and regular basis, occasionally with short notice;
- Exhibits Gilead’s Core Values: Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Excellence, and Inclusion;
- Responsible for overseeing and managing direct reports and third party service providers to ensure compliance with Gilead’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct policies, including adherence to requirements of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and Chinese laws.
- Knowledge in viral hepatitis and HEOR is highly desirable;
- Understanding of the culture of the HBV and HCV healthcare provider and patient communities is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely and independently;
- Capacity to develop and deliver high-quality presentations is essential;
- Affinity for a collaborative, team-oriented environment and approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical opinion-leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors;
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the management of multiple priorities and resources;
- Strong scientific skills/acumen; translation of scientific expertise and knowledge to achieve the identified business goals of the company;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills are required;
- Fluency in oral and written Chinese (Mandarin) and English is required;
Must demonstrate competency in:
- Researching and understanding the audience;
- Applying effective listening, presentation, and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrating a deep level of knowledge and understanding of the science;
- Applying knowledge of “real world” clinical practices, HEOR drivers, and emerging trends in treatments;
- Comparing and contrasting Gilead’s products and pipeline relative to our competitors’;
- Understanding of Gilead’s clinical trials and Phase IV study design;
- Cultivating relationships and extends one’s external network;
- Establishing key internal relationships with colleagues across Gilead;
- Consistently demonstrating a sense of urgency, responding appropriately and promptly to all requests.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Advanced medical/scientific degree (MD, MBBS, PhD, Pharmacy preferred) with experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related healthcare field required;
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a medically related endeavor (i.e., liver diseases and/or antiviral medicine), with strong knowledge of the clinical research process, treatment landscape, and professional society treatment guidelines;
- Prior experience as a medical science liaison highly desirable.
For more information, please visit https://china-careers.gilead.com/
For jobs in the United
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformément à la Loi « Informatique et Libertés » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les données personnelles renseignées pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des données vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com
For Current Gilead Employees and
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.