Our mission is to 'help people save and invest with confidence'. We are looking for great people to join us, so please come and invest in YOUR future at HL.
JOB TITLE: User Researcher
CAREER DEVELOPMENT PATH: Managing or Being an Expert
REPORTING TO: Lead User Researcher
Our user-centered design team is growing. We’re looking for experienced user researchers who can help us foster a company-wide empathetic understanding of our clients.
As a User Researcher at HL you’ll help more than 1.2 million people save and invest with confidence. Our team is growing. We’re looking for User Researchers who will foster a company-wide empathetic understanding of our clients. You’ll be discovering how and why people save and invest - and exploring the opportunities this presents.
User Researchers at HL work closely with Product Owners, UX Designers, Content Designers, and Developers to gain a deep understanding of our clients. You’ll plan, design, and conduct a range of user research activities to help your team gain the confidence they need to make evidence-based design decisions.
As we build on our success, user research is becoming a core part of our multi-disciplinary, agile approach to putting our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As a user researcher, you will:
- help colleagues define and articulate research goals and user-centric measures of success
- plan, design, and conduct research with users to provide robust evidence for making decisions
- support product owners and other colleagues in turning research findings into actions
- actively encourage a culture of team involvement in user research
- champion users and their needs within the team and across the business
- work with the lead user researcher and the rest of the user research team to promote and shape user research at HL
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
We want to see evidence that you:
- are confident and experienced using a range of qualitative user experience research methods to reveal actionable insight
- have substantial experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary digital product team
- have substantial experience owning the usability testing process, from participant recruitment and session facilitation to analysing, documenting, and communicating the resulting insight
- adopt a rigorous approach to research, underpinned by a solid understanding of the relevant underlying psychological principles
- are a principled but pragmatic practitioner - you know what ‘good’ looks like but you also know that ‘perfect’ can be the enemy of ‘done’
- are an open, confident, and considered communicator and collaborator
- employ excellent analytical, and critical thinking skills in your work
- have a natural curiosity about people and their behaviour
- have a degree in psychology, human-computer interaction or a related field (desirable but not essential)
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- 25* days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, plus additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase up to an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Pension scheme - up to 19% contribution
- Flexible working options available
- Enhanced parental leave benefits
- Variety of travel to work schemes, including season ticket loans
- Bike storage and shower facilities
- Employee assistance programme
- Annual events, activities and sports groups
- Dress down Fridays
- Free fruit Wednesdays
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us, and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.