What's the role?
In the role of Director of Corporate Development APAC, you will be responsible for the execution of corporate alliances and partnerships and support the M&A team in mergers and acquisition activities in support of the HERE strategy. You will report to the Vice President of Corporate Development. You can be based in Singapore.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Supporting internal business units in the identification of gaps in HERE’s current capabilities or roadmap and the identification of target companies that could fill those needs.
- Managing and executing strategic initiatives in the region.
- Engaging with third parties to identify areas for collaboration and interest in crafting long-term, beneficial partnerships.
- Leading the structuring and negotiation of commercial agreements and alliances in line with HERE’s corporate and project goals and objectives.
- Supporting the Mergers and Acquisitions team in the identification and execution of transactions with key targets, including initial deal scouting efforts, deal analysis, and contraction negotiations
- Developing relationships with internal and external business partners and initiating dialog concerning business models and frameworks for partnership.
- Conducting deal benchmarking analyses, initial drafting of term sheets, contract review and general deal management activities.
- Working across functions internally and externally to ensure timely close of transactions.
- Championing and supporting innovative partnering strategies particularly across HERE business units.
- Providing thought leadership and support related to the evolution of Corporate Development strategy.
- Participating in other highly visible ad-hoc projects, as required.
Who are you?
You are a highly motivated self-sufficient individual with a proven record of professional accomplishment and extremely polished interpersonal skills. You have an ability to think creatively and structure thoughts with little or no mentorship. You also possess the following skills, competencies and work experience:
- An undergraduate degree or MBA
- 20+ years of professional work experience in corporate development in location products and services, software, technology or management consulting. Start-up experience is also helpful.
- Leading and influencing team members in a complex environment.
- Proven capacity to think through complex problems with creativity as well as synthesize solutions with thoughtful analysis (both quantitatively and qualitatively).
- History of working directly with partners of all sizes and engaging in productive dialog leading to conclusive agreements and partnerships.
- Keen understanding and appreciation of a disciplined approach to negotiation, including a working knowledge of the key elements of term sheets, contracts, and various-types of commercial business transactions (licensing, acquisition, work for hire, etc.).
- Experience with drafting and negotiating commercial licensing agreements.