Are you a recent graduate with a keeness to work within a client service role? Are you seeking a role that involves managing existing client relationships whilst working to continuously identify and develop knowledge of reinsurer capability? We are seeking someone who can combine this with a desire to work towards the high standards of our London Asia Pac team here at Guy Carpenter.
If you feel you have the skills required and you are eager to explore this opportunity further, please apply today!
As a Broker you will support and learn all aspects of new, renewal and prospective business including the marketing and solicitation of accounts and the preparation/presentation of research, financial analysis, client and reinsurer presentations, budget and revenue exhibits, formal documentation execution, management of accounting/claims/contract issues..
- Support Senior Vice Presidents and Vice Presidents with presenting new/renewal/prospective presentations to clients and reinsurers.
- Aid in the design of new programs for clients' needs, placing business with client-approved reinsurers.
- Manage expenses, time, services, etc. in order to maximize Guy Carpenter (GC) profits.
- Oversee the timely production of appropriate account/program documents.
- Follow-up on contractual documentation, ensuring the timely flow of materials.
- Monitor accounting (payments, collections, etc.), anticipating and preventing problems when possible.
- Respond to client queries and concerns, resolving issues promptly.
- Respond to client requests for information (reinsurer financial reports, industry issues, etc.), coordinating with Market Information and other departments, as necessary.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with reinsurers, clients, colleagues and other Operating companies as required.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of reinsurer capability (product lines, capacity, approvals, etc.). Provide assistance and support to more senior staff within [department] through the help of Market Information Compliance and Legal departments and other departments as necessary.
- Document all external correspondence and telephone conversations in accordance with GC procedures, including where appropriate, GC Professional Standards guidelines minimising the potential for errors and omissions.
- Update management on issues, progress, etc., regularly and upon request.
- Perform other job-related duties assigned
Skills & Experience
- Business level of Japanese both verbal and written is essential
- Undergraduate (or equivalent) qualification to a 2.1 standard or above. Preferred subjects: Business, Economics, Maths, but others will be considered
- Able to work both independently as well as part of a cohesive team
- Strong verbal and writing skills for complex communications (presentations, negotiations, etc.) with clients, markets and GC colleagues at many levels.
- Demonstrable experience within Financial services background with Reinsurance/Insurance preferable
- Broad understanding of insurance/reinsurance
- Good interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client, reinsurer and internal relationships.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients"EURTM most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.