Are you an experienced Insurance or Administration professional with broad capabilities and competence in providing solutions to clients? Are you seeking a role that involves managing existing client relationships whilst supporting colleagues in the identification and development of new opportunities for revenue generation? Do you aspire to work for a global business that provides ongoing support and training towards gaining industry recognised qualifications?
If you have answered yes to all of the above, then you may be interested to find out more about a new and exciting opportunity we are currently recruiting for, here at Jelf.
We are inviting passionate and highly driven professionals to join our team - one united by a collaborative culture that transcends business units and regions. This role is based in Witham, and will see you supporting a variety of client accounts across the Marine landscape.
You will be providing day-to-day Client Administration services to commercial clients of Jelf across the UK. Working as part of the broader team, your ability to build local relationships and partnerships with clients, Insurers, and the business will be essential to your success.
- Maintaining an existing and sizeable portfolio of consumer and commercial clients by means of managing day-to-day queries, broking, midterm adjustments, renewals and loan processing. You will also be managing all relationships with key clients and stakeholders within the Jelf business.
- Supporting administrative processes relating to invoices, broking submissions and client registers in a manner that is compliant with business procedures. This will ensure all business activities are logged to ensure all revenue is accurately recorded and documented, including providing relevant information to the sales team.
- An essential part of the role is to be the first point of contact for clients. This includes building and maintaining excellent rapport and responding to clients’ queries in a timely and accurate manner. You will be expected to prioritise your workload and requests from clients.
- Undertaking any reasonable tasks requested by the Team Manager or other senior officials of the Jelf business. This includes attending internal meetings and active contribution in issues discussed to pave the way for continued success within the business.
Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable and significant experience of working in a similar capacity and taking ownership of similar responsibilities within an administrative capacity, ideally within the the Commercial Insurance sector.
- Good academic background supported by good grades at A-Level and/or GCSE in subjects that include Maths and English.
- Highly self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse backgrounds and the capability to work independently
- Strong networking skills and the ability to build relationships both internally and externally through investing time in understanding our business
- Cert CII desirable, but not essential.
- Competent in the use of MS Office and preferably also Acturis.
We are Jelf – award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals.
Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve means we can offer advice and solutions that meet our clients' needs today, anticipate what they need tomorrow, and help question if there’s an even better way.
Jelf recently joined forces with Bluefin, bringing together two leading insurance brokers and client advisory businesses. A newly transformed business built on decades of experience with the same purpose, dependability and commitment to excellent service.
We're also part of Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) – a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
MMC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.