We have a fantastic opportunity to work from our Newmarket offices as a Development Executive covering Newmarket and surrounding East Anglia region. This is the perfect role for an individual with a track record of identifying new business opportunities within SME sized businesses and is able to generate a significant amount of new business leading to a substantial growth in our client base. This position would suit a talented individual seeking autonomy, a large region in which to generate new business and an opportunity for progression.
A demonstrable background within new business development is fundamental within this role, however whilst an insurance or insurance broking is preferable, it is not essential and an exciting career path within insurance awaits for an individual interested in moving industries.
Jelf is an established and growing business, with an excellent reputation both locally and nationally and this is your chance to join a great business playing a key part in our continued success.
- Utilise your persistent nature, industry knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities to generate new business
- Work closely with the Account Executive team to ensure all clients receive seamless and exemplary levels of service
- Apply your networking skills to develop a sustainable pipeline of new business covering a wide range of commercial insurance products
- Demonstrate your self-motivated and hardworking nature to meet and exceed set income targets
- Drive quality, consistency and accuracy in all aspects of the sales process
- Use your excellent communication and client handling abilities to ensure an outstanding client experience at all times
Skills & Experience
- A demonstrable track record in generating new business within the SME sector
- Experience of successfully maintaining a client portfolio
- Ability to cover a large region utilising your diary management skills to ensure you maximise your client reach
- Strong team working ability in order to forge strong working relationships within the business to meet defined goals and targets
- Ability to build a book of new business from scratch ensuring continued long term client satisfaction
- Resilient with consultative sales experience
We are Jelf – award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals.
Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve means we can offer advice and solutions that meet our clients' needs today, anticipate what they need tomorrow, and help question if there is an even better way.
Jelf recently joined forces with Bluefin, bringing together two leading insurance brokers and client advisory businesses. A newly transformed business built on decades of experience with the same purpose, dependability and commitment to excellent service.
We are also part of Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) – a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. Our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
Jelf offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.