Are you a Placement Broker with experience of negotiating the best terms for your clients? Do you thrive on working with challenging and complex corporate insurance programs?Are you looking for a role that will allow you to build strong relationships with insurers?By joining Marsh in our Glasgow office we can offer the opportunity to working closely with colleagues, insurers and clients to provide a first-class broking service.
The successful candidate will be required to work closely with Marsh colleagues on the implementation of placement strategy for middle market corporate client"EURTMs insurance programs across Scotland. You will build and maintain strong relationships and develop strategic partnerships with key insurance carriers within the region, negotiate with insurers to achieve the best terms whilst delivering a first class service for clients.You will also act as the reference point for advice and technical expertise to the internal client servicing teams.
- Assist in implementation of placement strategy for renewals in collaboration with colleagues
- Understand the business needs, insurance requirements and risk management strategy of our clients and convey to insurers
- Undertake appropriate research and analysis to select markets and design an insurance programme to meet the client"EURTMs requirements
- Provide recommendations and advice on placement strategy, programme structure and market conditions including occasional presentations to clients where appropriate
- Provide regular updates to the Client Service teams on progress of insurer negotiations
- Utilise the Marsh online trading system (Eurotrade 2)
- Fully document all quotations received and advise the Client Servicing team of all conditions
- Act as a referral point for the resolution of insurer queries
- Attend client and insurer meetings in partnership with the client service team
- Contribute to rolling risk management strategy with clients and insurers
- Ensure operational procedures are followed and can be demonstrated at all times
- Build strong relationships with insurers and seek feedback on Marsh"EURTMs service through ongoing dialogue
- Proven experience of corporate insurance broking or underwriting is essential
- Exposure to global placements and experience in multinational programme design and placement would be desirable
- Awareness of Clients"EURTM business, their business issues, insurance programmes and service plans
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent insurer trading & negotiation skills
- Proven relationship management experience with a strong insurer/broker network of contacts
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple enquiries simultaneously
- Fully Competent in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Qualified or working towards ACII is desirable
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world.To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration.Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.Visit http://www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: pension, health and welfare, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/diversity.