We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Handler to join our Professional Indemnities team based in Bristol, for which we require the successful candidate to partner with colleagues to ensure the profitable handling and growth of client accounts in line with the overall client relationship management strategy, and provide effective support in the servicing and administration of a portfolio of business. The role will encompass all Account Broker duties, which includes, but will not be limited to; account administration, policy negotiation and client interaction.
- Maintaining an existing portfolio of clients in the form of dealing with day-to-day queries, broking, midterm adjustments, renewals, loan processing, etc. You will also be managing all relationships with key clients and stakeholders within the Bluefin Professions business.
- Ensuring documentation issued from Insurers is accurate, invoices, broking submissions, client registers, and all other administration tasks as required in a manner that is compliant with business procedures.
- An essential part of the role is to be the first point of contact for clients. This includes building and maintaining excellent rapport and responding to clients’ queries in a timely and accurate manner. You will be expected to prioritise your workload and requests from clients.
- Undertaking any reasonable tasks requested by the Team Manager or other senior officials of the Professions business. This includes attending internal meetings and active contribution in issues discussed to pave the way for continued success within the business.
Skills & Experience
- Preferably demonstrable experience of working in a similar capacity for a Broker and/or Insurer, with a sound knowledge of the Professions sector.
- Good academic background supported by good grades at A-Level and/or GCSE in subjects that include Maths and English.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills in completing assigned tasks.
- Excellent customer/client etiquette.
- Cert CII desirable, but not essential.
- Competent in the use of MS Office.
Bluefin Professions is the specialist Professional Risks team at Jelf Insurance Brokers, offering insurance solutions and risk management advice to businesses of all sizes.
Every profession has its own unique insurance requirements. That’s why we work with you to offer the most suitable solution for your business. We also work with many leading professional institutes and membership bodies to offer bespoke professional insurance solutions to their members, making us an ideal insurance benefit partner.
As one of the UK’s leading professional indemnity insurance brokers, we have access to many specialist insurers allowing us to negotiate exclusive wordings and premium terms for our clients..
In 2017, Bluefin joined forces with Jelf – award winning experts in Insurance, Risk Management and Employee Benefits for businesses and individuals.