The role sits within the Structured Risk team and acts as an actuarial and financial model consultant to clients, brokers, and markets by assessing reinsurance structures and monitoring industry developments, researching and responding to information requests, and providing timely and accurate service.
- Lead the development and presentation of new, renewal, and prospect presentations to clients and reinsurers.
- Produce structured solutions and alternatives as part of the program design efforts of the Structured Risk team.
- Renew reinsurance programs, meeting with clients /reinsurers as needed to learn their needs and maintain strong relationships.
- Design new programs for clients’ needs, placing business with client-approved reinsurers
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with reinsurers, clients, and colleagues.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of reinsurer capabilities and appetites.
- Stay abreast of accounting, regulatory, and market developments / regulations that influence the supply and demand for structured (re)insurance solutions (e.g. Solvency II).
- Maintain contemporary knowledge of industry loss and exposure trends that impact the supply and demand for structured (re)insurance solutions while also influencing the underlying analysis of the portfolios in question.
- Model the probability distributions of the gross/ceded/net underwriting results of an insurance company client based on an actuarial analysis of frequency and severity focusing on a large losses
- Analyse how the distribution of results and relevant risk measures change as a result of application on various proposed reinsurance alternatives.Utilize cost/benefit analysis to advise brokers and clients "optimal" reinsurance programs based on risk tolerance level.
- Support GC and MMC efforts in market creation and other projects requiring actuarial expertise (e.g., cat exposure modelling).
- Experience in actuary, reinsurance and/or consulting in the insurance industry is highly beneficial
- An actuarial qualification will be an advantage
- Strong technical expertise in reinsurance experience and exposure ratings, reserving, loss distributions, reinsurance terms and conditions, and simulation modelling; with data management, financial reinsurance, risk management, catastrophe modelling & DFA (Dynamic Financial Analysis) expertise desirable.
- In-depth understanding of the product lines and the global and regional industry conditions to identify significant considerations that insurers should address in designing their programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client, market and internal relationships.
- Strong ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Strong ability to be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills for using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong ability to maintain compliance with professional standards, where applicable, as well as company-wide quality initiatives.
- Strong ability to identify client needs and access and organize resources including senior management, to deliver solutions which meet or exceed client expectations.
- Strong ability to manage complex clients and help them address issues proactively.
- Strong ability to share information with other functional areas to enhance performance for the firm.
- Strong ability to be open and flexible to changes in the organization and marketplace.
- Broad knowledge of world reinsurance markets to comprehend range of products necessary to address insurers financial needs.
- Excellent client/consultative relationship skills.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
Guy Carpenter Overview:
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients’ most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.