Senior Information Security Engineer
Location: San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, NYC, Chicago, Houston, Louisville or Remote
Mercer is seeking an exceptional Senior Information Security Engineer who will participate in the design, delivery and management of global enterprise security systems and platforms.
Reporting to the Global Information Security Engineering Leader, you will be part of the Mercer Information Security team, and will collaborate with Application, Infrastructure & Operations, and other technical teams.
- Provide senior level engineering, implementation and production support for Mercer Security Platforms (encryption and key management) (SecureData – Voltage, Vormetric), MFA, and M-SSO
- Engineer, document, and implement comprehensive Information Security Solutions to include process mapping, technical diagrams and schematics, standard operating procedures, and technical infrastructure documentation
- Conduct and manage Data Security Assessment / Reviews of application
- Identify potential security vulnerabilities, determining what controls are necessary in order to protect the data, determining the effectiveness of the existing controls, to be designed/implemented
- Work with Application and Data Owners, to utilize cryptographic data security tools to encrypt, tokenize and data mask to minimized risk for sensitive data
- Provide engineering, implementation and production support for other Mercer Security tools/platforms (SSO, MFA/RSA, WhiteHat, BlackDuck, BurpSuite Enterprise, AppScan etc.
- Research and test new technologies related to data protection and security
- Bachelor degree in computer sciences or information security or 4 years or more in IT and information security, with exposure/knowledge of system administration and engineering
- Experience with enterprise Operating Systems, Windows, Linux
- Good working knowledge of networking, systems architecture, and IT Systems troubleshooting
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to leverage cross-functional teams to drive changes in a complex environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Security certifications and CISSP prefeered
- Nice to have - DevSecOps, Automation, scripting, and CI/CD
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.