We are currently recruiting for a Senior Pensions Administrator to join our Discontinuance team in Bristol, the team is responsible for "EURoewinding-up"EUR occupational final salary and money purchase pension schemes. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with several years"EURTM final salary pensions experience to translate their skills and experience into a role where you can see the tangible results of your efforts. You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients predominantly on a variety of bulk pensions projects connected with the winding-up of pension schemes.
Why you will love this role?
The role is varied, it will primarily involve undertaking project work to complete the stages to achieve completion of the wind up or transfer to the PPF. You will undertake various administrative tasks for a portfolio of schemes in wind-up or PPF assessment.
It will suit an individual with a strong working knowledge and experience of final salary pensions administration and pensions legislation and Regulation who is keen to continue to develop their professional skills within a truly world class environment "EUR" one that recognizes your ability, rewards your initiative and encourages you to reach your full potential in the rapidly changing pensions industry.
And that"EURTMs why you"EURTMll fit in perfectly at Mercer!
In this role you will:
- Work to a defined project plan, managing multiple bulk projects
- Accurately calculate and pay out benefits for members of the scheme, both manually and using Profund Classic and oPen, as required.
- Accurately undertake and check benefit calculations performed by other colleagues and liaise with the Team Manager/Senior Manager on specific member cases in a prompt and professional manner.
- Be a point of technical reference for the team.
- Accurately check and authorise the work of others in the team and on occasion help manage the workload and distribution of work for the team.
- Maintenance of scheme database information to ensure it is accurate and up to date.
- Assist with the delivery of scheme events with preparation of materials and testing as required
- Assist the Team Manager in production of Administration reports for clients and maintaining scheme calendars
- Work with technical colleagues on changes to legislation, regulation or systems affecting schemes
- Provide 'on the job' training to administration staff as required in order to ensure a sufficient pool of trained resource.
- Provide ideas and suggestions for improving working methods taking into account client and member experience, where appropriate implement and document to Senior Manager for adoption across the business.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of final salary pensions administration and pensions legislation and Regulation
- Ideally some experience of planning and project management
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Basic PMI qualifications as a minimum and ideally working towards APMI
About the company:
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We"EURTMre in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees "EUR" whether we"EURTMre designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people"EURTMs current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we"EURTMve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer