Energy Engineer (Internship)
Our Company is an innovative, global healthcare leader that is committed to improving health and well-being around the world. Our product offering categories include oncology products, vaccines, infectious diseases and animal health. We continue to focus our research on conditions that affect millions of people around the world while expanding our strengths in areas like vaccines and biologics. We also devote extensive time and energy to increasing access to medicines and vaccines through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
In this role, you will support the site energy sustainability program and introduce good energy management practices to improve energy efficiency and reduce environmental impact. The program shall be in alignment with the global energy conservation program and Singapore Energy Act. Support site to analyze energy efficiency opportunities, leverage expertise and manage projects to implement improvements.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Cost Transformation and Energy Management
- Support cost transformation for utilities program. Will be the project owner, ensuring projects are implemented on schedule, validated in accordance to commitment and accuracy of reports. Conduct analysis; identify risks and proposal for mitigation and to report out to the governance committee.
- Support the site energy efficiency program and introduce good energy management practices to improve energy efficiency and reduce environmental impact. The program shall be in alignment with the global energy conservation program and Singapore Energy Act. Support site to analyze energy efficiency opportunities, leverage expertise and drive projects to implement improvements.
- Support the site energy conservation program with all stakeholders to ensure site wide consistency in energy awareness, energy conservation and active participation in our site energy conservation program
- Support the computerized energy monitoring system for the site to drive efficiency and sustainability
- Support energy audit, evaluating options and providing solutions. Promote energy efficiency program for the company to ensure high level of awareness by all employees in energy usage and energy efficiency in equipment operation
- Monitor and analyze key performance indices and take mitigation actions to ensure objectives are met and where appropriate to escalate
Engineering Services Support
- Coordinate with GES on site process engineering design, construction and equipment validation activities when appropriate
- Supports Energy Lead – Engineering to develop Profit Plan forecast, execute activities to meet production, cost effectiveness, and cost reduction targets
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by Energy Lead
Management of Maintenance, Utilities & Facilities
- Support utility / process / system energy efficiency program – compilation of data, analysis of data and recommendation to stakeholders to reduce wastage or find alternative energy efficient methodology
- Collaborate with maintenance and utilities managers to ensure all equipment have an effective PM or predictive program to ensure all equipment are in high energy efficiency operations
- Support utility budgets, monitor actual billing spending and track energy conservation projects against this budget. Analyze and report out risk and mitigation plans.
- Coordinate the implementation of energy projects with utilities operation with least impact to manufacturing
- Ensure projects are timely, on budget and completed in compliance to safety and quality
- Basic in Energy Conservation Technologies, Proven Energy Savings Program, Standards and Benchmarking.
- Basic in the practical application of theoretical engineering knowledge
- Basic in the development and monitoring of engineering budgets
- Basic in planning of engineering and non-engineering activities in support of role
- Basic in the principles and application of risk based decision
- Consistently applies and promote LSS, MPS and change management tools
- Consistently show safety behavior by demonstrating basic understanding of all safety procedures and standards
- Seek opportunities to improve company SHE standards and move company towards goal on injury free work place & better environment
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Secondary Language(s) Job Description:
- Consistently demonstrates basic understanding of the importance of cGMP and WQS standards
- Consistently demonstrates basic understanding of the importance of cGMP regulations related to their work and consistently develops and executes appropriate solutions
- Seek opportunities to improve company cGMP standards and move company towards goal of Sustainable Compliance
- Demonstrate creativity, maturity and foresight in providing solutions which are highly innovative, practical for implementation and may have strategic impact
- Support cross-functional teams in the evaluation and resolution of complex problems with potential impact across business units and demonstrates ability to make rapid rational decisions under pressure
- Support activities to realize cost reduction, energy reduction or continuous improvement projects to be on time, on budget and to meet compliance requirements
- Implement effectively any tasks or projects as assigned by Supervisor as prioritized by business need.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
- Engineering degree course or equivalent
- Positive working and learning attitude
- Good team player
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License: