Utilities & Facilities Engineer (Internship)
In this role, you will support the site utilities and facilities operation / maintenance activities that to maintain system reliability practices to improve equipment efficiency and reduce breakdown which impacts operations. The program shall be in alignment with the site requirements. Support site to analyze equipment conditions, leverage expertise and manage projects to implement improvements.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Cost Transformation and Energy Management
- Monitor and analyze equipment and maintenance key performance indices and take mitigation actions to ensure objectives are met and where appropriate to escalate.
- Support cost transformation for utilities program. Will be the project owner, ensuring projects are implemented on schedule, validated in accordance to commitment and accuracy of reports. Conduct analysis; identify risks and proposal for mitigation and to report out to the governance committee.
Engineering Services Support
- Coordinate with GES on site process engineering design, construction and equipment validation activities when appropriate.
- Supports UFM Lead – Engineering to develop Reliability improvement projects, execute activities to meet production and cost reduction targets
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by UFM Lead.
Management of Maintenance, Utilities & Facilities
- Collaborate with maintenance and utilities managers to ensure all equipment have an effective PM or predictive program to ensure all equipment are in high energy efficiency operations
- Support utility budgets, monitor actual billing spending and track energy conservation projects against this budget. Analyze and report out risk and mitigation plans.
- Coordinate the implementation of energy projects with utilities operation with least impact to manufacturing
- Ensure projects are timely, on budget and completed in compliance to safety and quality
• Assist in Electrical/Instrument/Mechanical/Utilities engineering and troubleshooting support with the goal to increase operational efficiencies and minimize maintenance expenses
• Oversee maintenance technicians to support unit operations and/or run the utilities plant.
• Assist during the calibration of instruments, selection and installation of utilities automation systems
• Assist in improving PM/PdM procedures and/or studies
• Assist in installation, modification, fabrication, testing, servicing and repairs of equipment adhere to site change control procedures
• Assist in overseeing testing, commissioning, qualification (IQ, OQ) activities are executed accordingly and in compliance
• Manages maintenance related project schedule, costs and quality utilizing proper controls.
• To work on maintenance projects deliverables are met and all associated documentation is established.
• Identifies, executes and makes improvement on routine work activities.
• Support in the improvement studies to enhance equipment reliability or system efficiency.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Secondary Language(s) Job Description:
- Consistently show safety behavior by demonstrating basic understanding of all safety procedures and standards
- Seek opportunities to improve company SHE standards and move company towards goal on injury free work place & better environment
- Consistently demonstrates basic understanding of the importance of cGMP and WQS standards
- Consistently demonstrates basic understanding of the importance of cGMP regulations related to their work and consistently develops and executes appropriate solutions
- Seek opportunities to improve company cGMP standards and move company towards goal of Sustainable Compliance
- Demonstrate creativity, maturity and foresight in providing solutions which are highly innovative, practical for implementation and may have strategic impact
- Support cross-functional teams in the evaluation and resolution of complex problems with potential impact across business units and demonstrates ability to make rapid rational decisions under pressure
- Support activities to realize cost reduction, energy reduction or continuous improvement projects to be on time, on budget and to meet compliance requirements
- Implement effectively any tasks or projects as assigned by Supervisor as prioritized by business need.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
- Engineering degree course or equivalent
- Positive working and learning attitude
- Good team player
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License: