As we're on our mission to become THE platform for software and SaaS companies to run and grow their business, we're on the hunt for a Finance Manager to join our fast-growing team of 130 Paddlers. Beyond taking charge of our existing processes we're looking for someone eager to drive process improvements, efficiency & automation in the Finance function of a rapidly-evolving software scale-up.
Reporting into the Head of Finance you will oversee both our internal financial reporting & analysis as well as our external financial reporting, statutory audit, tax and compliance. You'll take ownership of internal control compliance, reviews and process improvements as you take on a high-performing team of three eager to grow — beyond managing, it'll be you who grows, guides and develops your team on their career paths.
What you'll do
- Manage, nurture and develop a small and high-performing team eager to grow
- Own our month-end process (monthly management accounts, segmental reporting, account reconciliations, KPIs and various analysis)
- Own indirect tax function (preparation, filing and payment of various sale tax returns, internal audit and reconciliations, be on top of tax compliance)
- Manage the reconciliation processes for turnover and net revenue
- Collaborate closely with our FP&A Analyst on the reviews of the monthly management accounts and commentary on performance against objectives
- Collaborate closely with Treasury Accountant on the preparation of the weekly/monthly cash flow forecasts, including variance analyses to previous forecasts
- Support external year-end audit requirements as well as statutory accounts preparation
- Support Company Secretarial (Companies House filings etc.) and other matters (Treasury, EMI Share Options, Budgeting, Forecasting)
We'd love to hear from you if
- You have 4+ years experience in a finance-related role managing and growing a small team.
- You have an ACCA/CPA/ACA or equivalent qualification.
- You have handled complex, large-dataset Excel and Google spreadsheets in the day-to-day of your previous/current roles.
- You’ve had exposure to payments with multiple jurisdictions, methods and currencies.
- You are able to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines.
- You are enthusiastic, self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of around 140 people based near Shoreditch. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare and on-site coaching sessions. We believe in flexible working and offer all team members unlimited holidays and 3 months paid parental leaves regardless of gender. Plus we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, which can include anything from joining the office football team, taking up in-office yoga lessons or enjoying a board game night. We host regular company get-togethers and quarterly socials. We have weekly catered lunches and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we’ve raised over $25m in funding from incredible investors such as Notion, BGF and Kindred.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair-friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.