PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Operations is responsible for managing SIEE’s European supply chain. Master data creation and maintenance are a key part of the workflow. It is the starting point for multiple processes that touch many different systems, amongst them: forecasting, manufacturing, assembly planning, procurement and the ordering of PlayStation product and components across the SIEE region (software, vouchers, hardware, accessories, packaging etc.) It also feeds reporting requirements within SIEE and globally across the SIE business. This position will support Operations by creating and monitoring master data requests, creating and maintaining multiple data items, and helping to develop and strengthen the overarching data relationship across the business.
Working within a London based team, the master data analyst will be responsible for the timely tracking and creation of all master data across the Operations function in line with discussing and agreeing naming conventions and structures with our global master data counterparts.
- Ensure quality and consistency of master data across key systems (Pinpoint, SAP and ultimately MDG), together with the development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing data maintenance and integrity.
- Be the SIEE business lead for Naming Conventions working closely with master data counterparts in Japan and US offices
- Initiate the master data request process (currently using SIEE bespoke system, however SIEE will use MDG from 2022) and seek approvals from business stakeholders as needed
- Become MDG subject matter expert within Operations function for SIEE
- In collaboration with subject matter experts in Operations and Finance, the analyst will help define and implement data policies to ensure data is kept as accurate and complete as possible, and in line with SIEE reporting requirements
- Drive continuous improvement of data governance and data maintenance processes
- Support and provide input to MDG Team Members in the development of the processes for Data Cleansing, Data Migration and MDG integration of MDG Data Objects including Business Partner (Customer, Vendor etc.) and MDG Financial Objects.
- Provide advice and support for the definition of Data Standards across Master Data Object, as well as input for the planning of the MDG implementation
- Responsible for documenting and reviewing product naming conventions within SIEE, and where necessary with global counterparts to ensure consistency across the SAP and MDG global platforms
- Conduct regular reviews of master data cleaning to rid SIEE systems of old, unused data, or duplicate data for better management and improved access and speed
- Ensure integrity of master data across the key systems in SIEE’s IT landscape as well as developing and maintaining processes to improve data quality. Identify areas for data quality improvements and help to resolve data quality problems or queries.
What we're looking for:
- IT literate – good MicroSoft Office skills are a must as is being adept at using an array of tools and systems.
- Very strong attention to detail is a must for this role
- Proven experience of managing naming conventions would be highly desirable
- SAP user knowledge is ideal, preferably within a similar supply chain function.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo – willing to take a fresh perspective on things
- Well able to think ahead, make contingency plans and prepare for different scenarios
- Flexible in their approach and thinking – able to adapt easily.
- Advanced/native speaker level Japanese would be highly beneficial due to the global nature of this position; it will involve speaking to members of the business in Asia with limited English language skills.
- Excellent communication skills – strong ability to communicate issues concisely and in a way that other team members, external partners and management can digest.
- Able to focus on the detail as well as see the bigger picture when necessary.
- Pro-active and enthusiastic personality – good team player.
- A motivated, reliable, self-starter who uses their initiative to work proactively, and to challenge the status quo
- Highly organised and disciplined individual.
- Possess a strong analytical and numerical focus – well able to review and analyse data and spot trends/patterns – good eye for detail.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.