PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
A career at PlayStation involves collaboration with some of the most talented people in the realm of interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation Studios QA team in Liverpool have an opportunity within their fast-paced team, supporting QA activities on the cutting edge of hardware and software experiences.
The QA Support Analyst enables internal QA resources to deliver high value services to business partners by providing dedicated first line support for both request fulfilment and incident resolution across QA assets. The QA Support Analyst’s service governance duties support the management of QA services through service monitoring, service evaluation and the provision of guidance. The role includes some involvement in local team coordination activities and helps the global In QA Support team maintain the excellent level of service associated with everyone across the PlayStation organisation.
All employees are expected to champion an environment consistent with Sony’s values through communication, collaboration, inclusion, and innovation, influencing others to do the same.
Clarity and Energy | Listens | Communicates With Confidence | Shares | Keeps Everyone Informed
Creates | Flexible | Considers Alternatives | Curious | Takes Risks | Improves Status Quo | Explores
Builds Relationships | Values Others | Works Well As Part of Broader SIE Team | Belonging | Team Spirit
Sensitive | Encourages | Solicits Feedback | Contributes | Trust | Welcoming | Diversity
What you’ll be doing:
- Weekly review of QA Support activities.
- Assist in the recruitment, contract management and release of contract staff.
- Deliver training and support the development of contract staff.
IT Asset Management:
- Product research, budgeting, and procurement.
- Tracking, loans, and auditing.
- Asset and environment configuration.
- Ad-hoc event configuration.
- Continual improvement.
- Service catalogue management.
- Service continuity management
- Service financial management.
- Service level management
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will ideally hold strong communication skills, being able to provide frequent status updates on task progress.
You will be able to liaise with counterparts in other regions and communicate effectively across the business hierarchy including those at the executive level. A high level of autonomy is also desirable due to being part of a small local team, along with the ability to prioritise activities in line with business needs.
The ability to change gears effectively will be an advantage, moving seamlessly between routine tasks and ‘fire-fighting’ during ad-hoc events. An interest and awareness of new and emerging technologies/hardware is also desirable. Occasional flexibility regarding working hours may be accommodated/requested along with the possibility of occasional overtime.
Relevant skills, knowledge & experience
- Understanding of PC client workstation hardware, operating systems, applications, mobile devices and networking
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide range of moderately complex problems across both hardware and software
- Ability to work under limited direction, and independently for routine activities
- Ability to engage in regular cross functional and cross regional communication
- Ability to interact with senior management, executive leadership and external clients
- ITILv4 Foundation certification or related proficiency desire
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years related IT professional experience preferred
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free eye test and glasses voucher
- Subsidised Café
- Access to cycle storage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.