What we offer…
- Supportive working environment
- Work-life integration
- True international exposure working as part of a global team
- Interactive training and career development opportunity, in this case designed to prepare for an eventual pursual of a PPD Business Development position.
- Engaged management team
The Associate BDL - Business Development Liaison collaborates with business developers and functional subject matter experts to support business development activities, further client relationships, and increase efficiencies in content creation, prospective selling, bid defenses, relationship mapping, reporting, and marketing.
For this position, we are seeking individuals who aspire to eventually be in the field. This role is designed to create a “bridge” so high performers are enabled to pursue a successful transition from inside sales to our highly regarded PPD Business Development, outside sales team.
- Ensures client-readiness of materials for client meetings (prospective selling meetings, gen caps, executive meetings), including briefing documents, Bid Defense Meetings (BDM), and BDM slide development in collaboration with relevant subject matter experts.
- Responsible for client meeting follow-up material development and management and ensures effective engagement of clients across region at industry conferences, global conferences, and therapeutic meetings.
- Drives creative solutions for the top Tier accounts; pulls out differentiators and creates unique content appropriate within the selling process.
- Gathers and centralizes experience lists for use in pitches, proposals, submissions and other materials, and ensures messaging is appropriate to the client/region/territory.
- Provides key input and analysis to support management decisions and drive the business forward by generating reports from CRM and provides insights to team members – specific to territory including, market intelligence information, target reports to regional leads, target reports to individuals, white space reports (quarterly), and 6-12 month forecasting reports.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Highly prefer CRO or related experience & knowledge - 3 years
- Highly prefer past sales experience - 4 years
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess strong aspiration to eventually pursue a move into PPD Business Development outside sales team.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to ensure professional interactions with clients, both internal and external.
- Ability to collaborate and integrate with various internal PPD departments.
- Experience with lead generation is preferred, including ability to develop a territory management strategy, identify and develop sales leads within the territory, professionally present capabilities, and collaborate with others to hand-off the relationship internally.
- Possess computer skills related to sales automation systems, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and email.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent time management skills in prioritizing daily activities and responsibilities with focus on target.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coordinate information from and follow-up with diverse sources in order to develop relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work within team environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality relating to client proposals, RFIs and BD processes.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.