Division / Dept.: Immunochemistry
Location: Richmond, VA (Office/Home Based)
Note: Full time, Benefits, Relocation Assistance Available
PPD is a leading global
contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory
and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our
purpose- to improve health!
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
- Analyzes and creates complex scripts/methods insupport of high throughput sample analysis. Designs and leads developmental testing performed by team members. Evaluates processes and develops strategies for maximum efficiency and quality.
- Leads validation projects, providing technical oversight and review of results; conducts validation experiments when resource/scheduling considerations require. May serve as a Principal Investigator.
- Independently develops and validates scripts/methods. Understands and conforms to methods, and protocols applicable to assigned tasks. Designs and executes experiments with minimal supervision.
- Maintains existing liquid handling workstations through preventative maintenance.
- Assists in implementing new scripts/methods through developmental testing.
- Leads new hires and trainees in executing scripts/methods.
- Leads preparation and implementation of SOPs, quality systems and new equipment.
- Mentors and may lead a small group of team members.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
Richmond BioA Labs Overview:
PPD LinkedIn Video Landing Page:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in lab sciences such as biology, biochemistry, immunology, chemistry, molecular biology or similar
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 6 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- OR Masters degree and previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 4 years)
- OR PhD (comparable to 2 years)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ***2nd Shift Only*** 2pm-10pm
- Proven skills in complex automated platform software use and programming.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, C#, VBScript
- Demonstrated knowledge with liquid handling equipment and lab automation such as Hamilton, TECAN, Gyros or similar
- Proficient in weekly and monthly maintenance events for automated liquid handlers
- Proficient in training of other laboratory staff for preventative maintenance activities and/or high throughput automated sample analysis
- Thorough knowledge of general chemistry, separation science, immunochemistry, molecular genomics, biomarker, and/or vaccine science related concepts and/or technologies (as applicable)
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot a wide variety of analytical instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Proven analytical problem solving abilities
- Proven technical writing skills
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
PPD Benefits Overview:
PPD offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, employee assistance program, wellness program options and more.
Other benefits include:
- 401k with matching contributions, life insurance, long term and short term disability insurance, flexible medical and dependent care spending accounts.
- Work life balance programs including paid time off for vacation/sick time, paid holidays, floating holiday and vacation sell back program.
- Wellness benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness facility access or discount, health coaching and more.
- Education reimbursement and tuition assistance programs, professional development training, skills training, education loan repayment plan, dependent scholarship program and more.
- Employee appreciation events, service recognition awards, annual reviews, merit plans and bonus plans
- Community connections and activities including philanthropic engagement, volunteer service projects and more
- Other great options including pet insurance, legal and financial services plan, auto and home insurance discounts.
Below Is Listed The Working Environment/requirements
For This Role
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities