Division / Dept.: Information Technology
Location: Highland Heights, KY (Remote/Home Based)
Note: Full time, Benefits, Relocation Assistance Available
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are
passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health!
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our scientists work together to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines -allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
At PPD, we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award winning training programs speak for themselves.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
- Experience writing requirements for custom developed systems.
- PM experience a plus
- Technical background/computer science degree
- Experience with system integration projects
- Working along with supervision, this position will provide analysis and management of the design timelines and significant issues with system design for all systems assigned.
- The position coordinates the efforts of developers and support staff, and may serve as the primary liaison with clinical project management teams and clients.
- This position serves to gather user requirements and design the functional specifications for systems and reports, as well as helping to define interaction of data with other databases at PPD or sponsors.
- This position also manages project timelines and budgets as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 4 years experience in applications design or development in a client/server environment or specialized applications technology
- Or equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provide the individual with the required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts
- Demonstrated ability to focus on project work and efficiently bring projects to completion
- Familiarity with data manipulation or presentation tools (such as SQL, report writing packages or MS Access)
- Demonstrated proficiency in office productivity applications (such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel)
- Proficiency in database management tools such as Oracle
- Must be able to multitask and pay close attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of the clinical research process flow and drug development processes
- Good understanding of software development process
- Ability to effectively manage projects, budgets and timelines
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and adapt to changing priorities
PPD Benefits Overview:
PPD offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, employee assistance program, wellness program options and more.
Other benefits include:
- 401k with matching contributions, life insurance, long term and short term disability insurance, flexible medical and dependent care spending accounts.
- Work life balance programs including paid time off for vacation/sick time, paid holidays, floating holiday and vacation sell back program.
- Wellness benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness facility access or discount, health coaching and more.
- Education reimbursement and tuition assistance programs, professional development training, skills training, education loan repayment plan, dependent scholarship program and more.
- Employee appreciation events, service recognition awards, annual reviews, merit plans and bonus plans
- Community connections and activities including philanthropic engagement, volunteer service projects and more
- Other great options including pet insurance, legal and financial services plan, auto and home insurance discounts.
Below Is Listed The Working Environment/requirements For This
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities