Accelerated Enrollment Solutions (AES) is a business unit of PPD that offers both sponsors and contract research organizations best-in-class clinical trial research site and patient enrollment solutions, with tiered offerings combining the expertise, as needed, of industry leaders PPD, Synexus, Acurian and Optimal Research.
Are you a Doctor/Research Physician who wants to improve patient’s lives for the better?
Are you looking to advance your career into the clinical trials industry?
We are currently looking to recruit a Clinical Research Physician for our Clinical site in North Tees, Located on the grounds of the North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Trust.
Working Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week, the main priority will always be patient safety. Acting as the principal investigator (PI) or co-investigator for some or all of the studies at the site they have the responsibility for all sponsor research studies while also ensuring ICH/GCP and local regulations are met.
Key roles and responsibilities of a Clinical Research Physician are:
- Acting as principal investigator (PI) or co-investigator ensuring ICH/GCP and local regulations are met
- Conducting clinical trials in line with the protocol and to ensure the recruitment of eligible participants onto the studies
- Taking ownership of being prepared for all GMC appraisals to ensure a positive outcome
- Review screening, pre-screening and screening success rates for clinical trials
- Providing information and support to consenting participants for a clinical study
- Responsible for checking patient inclusion/exclusion to studies
- Liaising with and developing positive relations with sponsors, clients and clients’ contractors as required, projecting a helpful and courteous company image
- Carrying out clinical evaluation and clinical investigation of participants
- Constantly seeking and suggesting quality improvements
- Taking responsibility for ensuring serious adverse events / adverse events are reported appropriately
- Having responsibility for the medical wellbeing of participants during the clinical trial and referral to specialists or GP as required
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will need the following skills and experience -
- Be a GMC registered doctor
- Ideally possess some experience within commercial clinical research
- Have working knowledge of GCP (ICH/GCP and local regulations compliance)
- Demonstrate the inclination to provide practical help and guidance to colleagues, providing practical solutions for any problems and supporting their development
- Show meticulous attention to detail in recording patient information and data ensuring any queries are acted upon in a timely and efficient manner
- Be team player, capable of building and sustaining positive relationships with colleagues as well as patients