Evidera has been providing epidemiology, data analytics, and outcomes research services to clients in the biopharmaceutical industry for over 19 years. The Real-World Evidence team supports pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies in the design and conduct of epidemiology studies throughout the product lifecycle, from early pre-launch planning to launch and post-marketing management. Our focus is on helping our clients identify evidence gaps and rapidly build epidemiologic and economic evidence to demonstrate effectiveness and safety and support the value of their products. Through analysis of large existing health databases (e.g., medical claims, electronic health records, registries, etc.), we provide key information such as:
- The incidence and prevalence of diseases and co-morbidities
- The identification and impact of risk factors on disease outcomes
- Burden of disease and identification of unmet needs
- Treatment patterns, drug utilization, medication adherence
- Comparative effectiveness
- Comparative safety
- Resource utilization
We use epidemiologic methods to build knowledge of the relationships between patient, drug, clinical and disease factors that significantly aids our clients and the patients they serve in understanding health conditions and navigating potential drug-event causal relationships as well as in building stronger evidence-based value messages.
We are looking for a Data Analyst III in Stockholm, with the aim to implement a broad range of data management and statistical analyses using data from the Scandinavian Registries. In this mid-level role, it is expected candidates will work independently, and will be able provide substantive support to the project team in the planning and design phases of a project. In addition, the Data Analyst III will be involved in developing the ethics and data application to the relevant authorities in order to access the data.
In particular, the Data Analyst III will:
- Implements or oversees implementation of cohort selection, variable derivation, and data management to convert the raw data files into analytical datasets
- Programs tables of results following the Statistical Analyses Plan (SAP) developed by the project team
- Reviews and provides critical input into SAPs, study reports, and other relevant documentation for internal or external communication
- Develops the ethics and data applications for Scandinavian registry data access
- Teaches/mentors junior staff,
- Participates in the validation and review of others' programs
- Presents to internal teams and suggests alternative approaches towards analyses, documentation, and general process improvements
- Supports as needed other programmers in the analyses of data from other existing databases in Europe and the United States
Education, Professional Skills & Experience
- Bachelors plus 5 years of experience in the health industry / consulting environment, or Masters plus 3 years of experience in the health industry / consulting environment, or Doctorate plus 2 years of experience in the health industry / consulting environment.
- Advanced knowledge of SAS Base, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook essential
- Knowledge of SAS macro will be an advantage
- Intermediate understanding of epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, or biostatistics.
- Fluent in English and Swedish
- Experience using data from Denmark, Norway, Sweden or Finland required
- Basic experience in survival analyses, regression models and propensity score development desired.
Personal Skills & Competencies
•Inquisitive, curious, passionate about data, attention to minute details.
•Communicates and documents information effectively in written English, including the ability to produce reports, documents, emails and other written pieces which are well-organized, free from errors, and are appropriately adjusted to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
•Effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to quickly develop and sustain positive rapport with internal contacts in person, over the phone and by email.
•Presents ideas to individuals and groups in a formal presentation setting.
•Analyzes, responds to, and resolves enquiries, issues and escalations.
•Evaluates, plans and accomplishes multiple work goals in a timely fashion.
•Ability to quickly learn and apply new information, skills and procedures.
•Proactive and positive approach to tasks and projects, as well as resilience when encountering process, project, budget or client changes that are inherent in the consulting environment.
•Desire and ability to guide and coach junior levels of scientific staff.
Evidera is a business within in Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression. You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers. Our offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all our staff.
Evidera’s Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment
If you resonate with our core competencies and want to contribute to research and consulting services driven by world-class science and thought leadership, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.