PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Our colleagues in corporate strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments.
The IT Communications Engineer will lead and implement network communications IT projects. They will also provide the planning and support of PPD global network. Lastly, research, and recommend improvements in technology and process.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well-being of our employees.
- Manage and implement data and voice solutions across the enterprise with a focus on Lab operations
- Assist with strategic technology decisions.
- Conduct research into leading-edge capabilities and enhancements.
- Communicate architecture and design of networks and compliance to management
- Recommend the selection of network communication tools and platforms.
- Assist in improving existing processes and procedures
- Works with business to understand and define requirements for large applications
- Responsible for equipment inventory and maintenance coverage and plans, including procurement and vendor relationships.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8 years’ in network communication or telecommunication systems)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced with Meraki, AudioCodes, SIP, OSPF, BGP, Riverbeds, SDWAN
- Demonstrated expertise in network, telecommunication, telephony, and IT security technology and project management
- Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and pay close attention to detail
- Positive attitude with a commitment to high quality work
- Expert knowledge of communication technologies and platforms
- Strong logic and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to train/mentor staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced level of skill in tools used for analysis and presentation of data
No management responsibility
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require minimal travel.
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.