PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Phase I and IB trials represent the first practical tests of a compound’s clinical relevance and commercial viability. They are the culmination of years or even decades of research. Moreover, they set the stage for subsequent studies that will ultimately determine your compound’s efficacy, safety and positive impact on patient’s lives.
As a Lab Admin Associate you will recieve lab samples and checks them in daily, enters data accurately, and tracks samples. Assures proper documentation and notification to supervisor, project managers, and clients. Provides clerical and administrative support to the department.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
- Coordinates and performs all administrative functions related to project management, sample management, scheduling, client communication, technical documentation and other project management tasks.
- Interacts and communicates with project team in supporting their administrative needs and meeting project timelines. Contacts central lab sites to follow-up on services provided and to monitor and increase customer satisfaction.
- Quality checks and reviews reports and evaluates against source documents for accuracy of transcription.
- Creates forms and performs other word processing assignments (correspondence, meeting minutes, etc.).
- Receives and logs into LIMS database daily shipments of samples for analysis, assuring proper storage and notification of receipt to clients and project leaders. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Technical positions may require a certificate
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 1 year) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail oriented
- Good time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under constant exposure to high pressure, intense concentration
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD’s Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.