PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health!
Medical Communications is a global group providing inbound and outbound, post-approval contact center services designed to support our clients' business objectives for medical/technical information, while maintaining regulatory compliance and a high-level of customer service. Our teams deliver medical/technical information to healthcare professionals and consumers for both legacy and newly launched products. Come join our growing team of over 700 healthcare professionals providing medical information and education.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award-winning training programs speak for themselves. In Medical Communications, you’d be provided with 4-8 weeks of training and support! Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence- apply now!
Provides technical and medical information, and/or performs intake of adverse events/ product complaints with quality customer servce. Analyzes and researches inquiries and documents interactions according to organizational, client and regulatory guidelines. The information provided will be given to a level in parallel with the individual’s expertise, experience and training.
Responds accurately and professionally to technical and medical information inquiries received via phone, email, internet or mail in reference to pharmaceutical or device products. Processes fulfillments and provides clinical trial information or after-hours on call support.
Analyzes caller’s questions to formulate an accurate and concise response using client-approved resources and records inquiries and interactions in the appropriate databases following organizational, client and regulatory guidelines.
Identifies, records and triages adverse events and product complaints according to organizational, client and regulatory guidelines and provides additional support (including follow up) as needed.
Maintains thorough knowledge of project and corporate policies and procedures including client products, SOP's, protocols, GCP's, and applicable regulatory requirements.
Works closely with internal and external client contacts (up to and including members of client management) to resolve complex inquiries. As needed, researches medical literature and drafts responses for such inquiries.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing licensure in North Carolina or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 0 to 2 years).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent language skills (comprehension, speaking, reading and writing); Fluency in English is required
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to interpret client provided complex medical and technical information
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in challenging circumstances
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)