Medical Communications is a truly exceptional team at PPD! We work to improve patient health by supplying top-quality medical information services to our clients, patients and health care providers. We engage with health care professionals, regulatory agencies and pharmaceutical clients to help them navigate regulatory, and compliance requirements around the world. Come join our growing global team of over 900 healthcare professionals providing medical information and education.
The Medical Information Specialist position provides technical and medical information, and/or performs intake of adverse events / product complaints with high-quality customer service. Analyzes and researches inquiries and documents interactions according to organizational, customer and regulatory guidelines. The information provided will be given to a level in parallel with the individual’s expertise, experience and training.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Provides technical and medical information, and/or performs intake of adverse events/ product complaints with quality customer service. Analyzes and researches inquiries and documents interactions according to organizational, client and regulatory guidelines. The information provided will be given to a level in parallel with the individual’s expertise, experience and training.
- Responds accurately and professionally to technical and medical information inquiries received via phone, email, internet or mail in reference to pharmaceutical or device products. Processes fulfillments and provides clinical trial information or after-hours on call support.
- Analyzes caller’s questions to formulate an accurate and concise response using client-approved resources and records inquiries and interactions in the appropriate databases following organizational, client and regulatory guidelines.
- Identifies, records and triages adverse events and product complaints according to organizational, client and regulatory guidelines and provides additional support (including follow up) as needed.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of project and corporate policies and procedures including client products, SOP's, protocols, GCP's, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with internal and external client contacts (up to and including members of client management) to resolve complex inquiries. As needed, researches medical literature and drafts responses for such inquiries.
Education and Experience:
Medical or Pharma degree (also Biology, Nursing , Psychology, Veterinary medicine are applicable)
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Fluency in English and Spanish
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent English and Spanish language skills (comprehension, speaking, reading and writing);
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to interpret client provided complex medical and technical information
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in challenging circumstances
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you