- Reviews inclusion/exclusion criteria with patients to ensure eligibility to participate in study. Interacts with Primary Investigator for inclusion/exclusion review of patient data
- Reviews and witnesses the consenting process for subjects. Prepares study-specific documents for pre-study screening. Maintains screening/enrollment log and required documentation such as screening failures and phone communications to patients and/or clients
- Ensures the safety of patients by monitoring and assessing AEs, if any, and communicating potentially serious findings to physician
- Performs all procedures in the recovery area (i.e., check-ins, gauze management, administration of drug, blood draws, ECGs, vital signs, etc.)
- Monitors staff to assure adherence to Good Clinical Practices, ICH, FDA, and OSHA guidelines
Education and Experience:
- RN degree from an accredited institution
- Active license to practice in the state of Nevada
- 1 year experience as RN
- Emergency care experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to function with multiple types of individuals and work in a team environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Strong planning and organizational capabilities to manage multiple tasks and study groups at one time
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness and ability to learn administer investigational drugs including oral, intravenous, topical, or other approved method of dosing
- Willingness and ability to learn and perform a variety of technical procedures such as drawing blood, processing and harvesting lab specimens, taking vital signs, performing ECGs, etc.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the study needs of the Clinical research unit ClinicGood handwriting and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.