The Pharmacy Technician III - Part Time supports Pharmacy team in all areas of drug administration, preparation and dispensation, including accounting for all drug supplies received including receipt and return of drug and documentation. Provides work direction and oversight to the technician staff. This position will work 30 hrs/ week. Benefits are provided!
- Assists in accounting for all drug supplies received including receipt, dispensation, and return of drug and documentation. Reviews the accuracy of labels and dispensation logs used in repackaging drug.
- Assists to ensure proper drug storage conditions are maintained. Ensures supplies used for dosing and dispensing are well stocked.
- Acts as a lead position providing training, work direction, and oversight to the technician staff.
- Interacts with sponsors/clients in regard to potential and ongoing studies.
- Explains PPD procedures and responds to sponsor/client requests regarding handling of drug, close-out issues, etc.
- Assures close-out of studies are handled properly (i.e. drug is returned to sponsor, stored correctly, etc., depending on protocol/sponsor requirements).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High / Secondary school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification including the state of Nevda Pharamcy Technician certification.
- 3 - 4 years Pharmacy Technician experience, with at least 2 years at the Pharmacy Tech II level
- IV experience is required
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least 4 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a calm, professional manner
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Work is performed in an office or clinical environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Occasional drives to site locations.
- Potential Occasional travel required.
- Must be able to work varied hours including early mornings, late evenings and weekends
- Occasional exposure to bio-hazardous materials
- Frequently exposed to chemicals such as ethanol, methanol or acetone in preparation of drug
- Frequently requires long, varied hours, early morning, and weekend hours
- On a daily basis, works under constant pressure with the need of intense concentration and close attention to detail while performing multiple tasks
- Frequently stationary for 4-6 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Involves long periods of standing and walking on a daily basis
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Lifts/carries objects of 5-15 pounds on a daily basisOccasionally lifts/carries objects of 16-25 pounds
- Must be able to see and recognize colors
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- May interact with others, relating and gathering sensitive information.
- Interaction includes diverse groups.
- Works with guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions from management.
- May require periods of intense concentration.Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence.
- Ability to perform under stress.
- Ability to multi-task.Regular and consistent attendance.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.