Provides medical information with high quality customer service. Researches and responds to inquiries and documents appropriately according to PPD and client guidelines. Identifies and records adverse events (AEs) and product complaints (PCs). If needed, provides clinical trial information, after-hours on-call support, as well as processes medical information requests via mail, fax, e-mail.
- Provides medical information with high quality customer service. Researches and responds to inquiries and documents according to PPD and client guidelines. Identifies and records adverse events, product complaints and provides clinical trial information.
- Processes medical information requests (e.g., fulfillment) via e-mail, fax and US mail.
- Provides after-hours on call support as needed (e.g., on-call pager coverage).
- Maintains knowledge of policies and procedures including client products, SOPs, protocols, GCPs, and FDA regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
BSN or Associates Degree in Nursing or equivalent and relevant formal
academic / vocational qualification;
- Associates Degree and Nursing diploma candidates require 2 years of nursing experience;
- North Carolina RN license required or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) equivalency;
- In some cases a second language may be required
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to
perform the job (comparable to 0-2 years) or equivalent combination of education, training and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent English language skills (comprehension, speaking, reading and writing)
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or independently as needed
- Demonstrate confidence and initiative
- Excellent language skills (comprehension, speaking, reading and writing) must be demonstrated if the position requires languages other than English.
- Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment
- Constant interaction with clients/associates required
- Constant attention to detail-visual, mental
- Constant multi-tasking
- Daily exposure to high pressure, intense concentration needed
- Rotating shifts may be required
- Occasional driving to site locations with occasional travel
- Long varied work hours required occasionally
- Frequently stationary for 4-6 hours per day
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists
- Occasional mobility required
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs. or 6-9 kgs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- May interact with others, relating and gathering sensitive information. Interaction includes diverse groups
- Works with guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions from management. May require periods of intense concentration
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence
- Ability to perform under stress
- Regular and consistent attendance
PPD is an affirmative actionemployer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment ofmutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities withoutregard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity,sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any otherprotected group.