We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
We have an opportunity for you - join our team of global professionals as a: Procurement Analyst.The Procurement Analyst will follow processes and best practices, leveraging tools to ensure compliance with standard policies and procedures of Strategic Sourcing.
- Assists in contract reviews based on an understanding of basic supplier contract terms
- Builds relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Assess the urgency of requests, assist in prioritization, and manage multiple tasks
- Basic understanding of Sourcing/Procurement process
- Prepare and facilitate the RFx process, assess results, and develop recommendations
- Support process standardization and use of best practices
- Maximize the use of procurement systems through training and end user support corporate wide
- Must be able to work independently and in an organized manner and work with other staff to accomplish goals.
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS in a related field
- 3 years experience in purchasing or supply chain discipline
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Good negotiating skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of contracts
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Good organizational and analytical skillsPositive attitude and ability to work well in a team
- Pro-active self-started, with ability to research independently and problem solveMust be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.