Programmer Analyst II - Data Analytics - Europe
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
PPD now has a great opportunity to join our Data Analytics team who are expanding into Europe due to increased project work. The Data Analytics team is a small team, primarily US based with a handful of skilled Programmers who collaborate on international projects.
As a Programmer Analyst II you will work with and integrate data from a variety of internal and external systems. Responsibilities include:
- Independently create, execute, maintain and validate programs used to transfer data across multiple systems, integrate data from a variety of sources and structures, generate summary data from a variety of sources, generate reports, create QTL's or integrate multiple databases.
- Independently create, execute, maintain, publish and validate visualizations used in support of Risk Based and Centralized Monitoring.
- As a subject matter expert assist in creating tools, techniques and processes for automating Data Analytics tasks (Data integration automation, data retrieval automation, data mapping automation and automated report generation.)
- Perform other programming tasks as necessary to support Data Analytics or other functional groups involved in Risk Based and Centralized Monitoring.
- Responsible for clearly documenting all work; managing assignments to meet timelines and delivering high quality.
- Evaluate industry changes, vendors and other technology
To be considered for the role you should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Advanced knowledge of SAS programming, any other programming languages are a plus
- Experience with Risk Based Monitoring or Centralized Monitoring concepts
- Advanced knowledge of relational data base structure and experience working with complex data systems
- Proven ability to act as lead programmer
- Proven ability to interface with clients.
- Experience demonstrating a strong attention to detail.
- Experience demonstrating leadership ability and ability to work on a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Excellent problem solving and innovative skills.
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Experience using data visualization software tools, methods and techniques.
- Experience using a visualization scripting or programming language
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.