PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD® Laboratories FSP. PPD® Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As a Scientist you will perform a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or biological matrices. This position is mainly Large Molecule: HPLC, CE-SDS and cIEF.
Possesses a thorough understanding of laboratory procedures and can reliably conduct complex analysis with increased independence. Performs a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or biological matrices. Follows validated or experimental analytical procedures with periodic direct supervision. Responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol and product specifications. Enters data into databases and reports. Performs self-review for own data prior to QC submission.
Performs a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to
quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of
formulations and /or biological matrices for stability and analytical
· Works with multiple functional groups to meet business needs.
· Plans and organizes work with periodic supervision.
· Sets up and maintains analytical instrumentation.
· Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
· Ensures QA findings are addressed appropriately.
Aids and training to other team members.
· Problem solving, either independently or with assistance pertaining to extraction and/or instrumentation problems.
· Communicates project status to project leader.
· Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
· Reviews, interprets, and analyzes data for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
· Performs self and peer review of the data for accuracy and compliance with reporting requirements prior to submission to QA and issuance to customers.
experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2
May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated knowledge of multiple applicable techniques such as: HPLC (IEX, SEC, and RP), CE-SDS, CGE and cIEF
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
· Proven ability to interpret data by performing trend analysis
· Proven ability in technical writing skills
· Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
· Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Time management and project management skills
· Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
PPD values the health and well being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD Defining Principles:
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.