PPD is a leading global CRO - contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health.
The Senior Account Director, Business Development positions PPD as a primary or preferred provider for all Bioanalytical and Biomarker Laboratory work. In this role you will secure and retain business for PPD through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision makers and decision influencers at existing and new sponsors.
Specifically, we highly prefer this sales leader to be based in Boston, MA or in surrounding areas.
- Qualifies deals and develops proposals including define the solutions and recommend pricing structures to meet strategic company goals.
- Acts as a liaison between sponsor and company on all business development activities and requirements.
- Gathers data on marketing trends and competitive products/services and pricing.
PPD offers continued career advancement, as well as management and specialized opportunities in other departments. At PPD, we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk - our award winning training programs speak for themselves.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
What To Expect Next
We look forward to receiving your application. A member of our talent acquisition team will review your qualifications and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic/ vocational qualification
- Strongly prefer scientific degree (Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology etc.)
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5-10 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Direct selling experience in the scientific realm strongly preferred
- Chemistry, Immunology and Genomics experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Scientific, sales, and/or marketing background with concentration in pharmaceutical/biotech area.
- Proven track record of developing and executing mid- and high- level business contracts with pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to manage and fully integrate with Operations, Finance, Bids, & Contracts and Marketing, and follow-up to expand relationships and business opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and developing sales leads, making professional presentations, managing the sales process through close, and handling all aspects of contract negotiations
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, MS Teams, Salesforce and other online sales platforms
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel. (Recruiter will provide more details.)