We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
About the Data Management team
Are you a data and a people person? Here’s your team. We manage and clean the data collected in a clinical trial — from the design and build of the database and edit checks, through the entry and cleaning of data to the final delivery of clinical trial data. We work closely with the project teams and clients to identify best practices and processes, meet and exceed our clients’ needs, and do the right thing to earn their trust.
Clinical Data Associate: Summarized Purpose of the role:
The objective of a Clinical Data Associate II is to perform aspects of the data cleaning process, with a high level of accuracy and in accordance with Good Clinical Practices and Standard Operating Procedures/Working Practice Documents, in order to assess the safety and efficacy of investigational products and/or medical devices. Key responsibilities of the role include performing initial review of data discrepancies and making database updates.
Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree or certification in a related allied health profession from an appropriately accredited institution and 2 year experience in a professional environment, preferably with clinical or medical data or in a software development environment.
• Strong attention to detail and skill with numbers
• Ability to use interactive computer programs
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Good analytical/problem-solving skills
• Ability to work productively with direct supervision
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with clinical data and client's proprietary data
• Ability to attain, maintain and apply a working knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and applicable Standard Operating Procedures
• Strong customer focus and excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven flexibility and adaptability
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed
• Must demonstrate good judgment in making decisions
• Must be able to set and meet timelines or be able to negotiate schedule changes in response to project demands
• Strong command of English language and grammar
What we offer
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme , ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture , where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organization but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.