Home based in the U.S
Full TIme Regular w/ Benefits
Works with clinical data management systems and programming tools to provide technical leadership in data management activities and deliverables including, but not limited to, database development and data validations. Acts as a leader within a multi-disciplinary project team to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget. Serves astechnical knowledge expert and provides leadership across departmental processes and projects. Supports management in oversight of study day to day activities and identification/creation of needed tools and process improvements to increase efficiencies within the project and the team.
This role focus's as a Rave Database Programmer. Working with the Clinical Data Management team to programm new studies, migrations, data transfers and integrations and edit check programming. Candidates who have SAS and/or custom function Rave programming experience is preferred.
- Independently performs tasks following within the timelines established by the team, in accordance with the process outlined in the departmental procedures and indicated by the project contract.
- Designs, builds and tests project databases & edit checks.
- Defines and imports data into the system.
- Defines, creates and tests listings for data review and performs programming activities in line with project requirements.
- Researches and leverages resources to resolve issues andmanage moderately complex tasks through the development and application of new knowledge and/or professional skills in areas including programming and technology and leadership of project team in delivering tasks.
- Assumes primary responsibility and technical leadership, demonstrating a good understanding of the role in the overall process.
- Trains, mentors and coordinates the activities of junior programmers.
- Participates in departmental or corporate process initiatives.
- Contributes to the creation and validation of reporting tools / standard applications / enhanced processes, and works with IT in troubleshooting, reporting and resolving system issues.
- May Provide input on bidding process and SOP development.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5 years’).
- In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written, verbal and computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively on a multi-disciplinary team with a positive attitude, enthusiasm toward work, and capable of mentoring and working well with others
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities and to manage multiple assignments with challenging/conflicting deadlines.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages
- Proficient in relational database systems (RDBMS) and structure
- Proficient in programming tools SAS, SQL, Crystal Reports, SpotFire and JReview
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and problem solving skills•Capable of attaining, maintaining and applying a working knowledge of GCPs and applicable SOPs
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations for process development and improvement
- Demonstrated skill in identification and resolution of technical problems in a professional environment
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
May require limited travel. Travel is currently suspended due to the health crisis.
PPD Defining Principles:
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!